Author Topic: Hannah Woods - After 1901?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Woods - After 1901?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 January 23 20:33 GMT (UK) »
I did check the whole country on Roots Ireland Parish records website for marriages and nothing, I even just put the surname as Woods and father's name Richard and still nothing that could show it's her. Maybe she had a middle name she started going by  but birth cert and baptism record shows nothing.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 January 23 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Is this your family in 1901?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cork/Castletownrock/Sleamana/1142817/

Is Hannah a different child to Annie?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 January 23 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this, the woman who left for NY might be her, i'll check the Ellis Island Records for that date. Denis Woods is my Great Grandfather, Richard emigrated to Chicago in 1912 I know his descendants and he died in the 1940's. Ellen Doyle listed on the 1901 census with Hannah and Denis married Denis and is my Great Grandmother.

I am just rereading the thread and realise that you will know for certain that this is Hannah in 1901.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 January 23 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Re that 1901 census, Hanora Langan has the maiden name Woods.

Her father is William Woods
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1885/10864/5966821.pdf

If Kate Langan who registered the death is the 13 year old in 1901 then she would have been 19 years old.

The Denis/Ellen family in the 1911 census does not have a child named Hannah/Johanna. This some times happens if a sibling dies close to when a child is born.
In the rest of the family are there any children named Hannah and what was their date of birth?