Author Topic: William Cousins  (Read 4739 times)

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Cousins
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:55 GMT (UK) »
It is a copy given from the registry office. Read details below box signature of who completed.

It has been filled by clerk or registrar of the office it has date completed 10/01/01

All info inside the box is what is on the original cert but is not the original writing.

Cas

Ah, I see.. thank you! Is there any way to obtain the original document, or is that sealed information?

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:57 GMT (UK) »
You could order a copy from the GRO, I think marriages are £11,  I don't think they do PDF by email for marriages but could be wrong. Have a read through.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/menu.asp

You need to register, the indexes are free to search

Good luck

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:59 GMT (UK) »
You could order a copy from the GRO

Okay thank you so much!
I will try and do that and compare the actual signatures.

Offline Drosybont

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Is there a way of getting an original certificate from GRO?  All the ones I have from them are copies. To get an original I thought it was necessary to ask the Registry Office whether it could provide one, and that some will and some won't. 

Drosybont
Hotham, Guilliatt, Brown, Winter, Buck, Webster, Mortimore
Richards, Meredith, Gower, Davies, Todd, Westmacott, Hill
Mid C19 Cardiff and Haverfordwest, the Marychurch family.

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 13:20 GMT (UK) »
I would ask if it is photocopy of original. Have not ordered a marriage cert for ages, but a birth cert via PDF a few months back was a photocopy of original, or it very much looks like. There was no other info but as original

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Last year - information came to light via DNA about an uncle who had fathered a child to a married woman.  He had attended the childs birth registration & his details were on the birth cert but as he had a common surname and was in the Army at the time we needed to see his actual signature on the original register.

I rang the local registrars office and explained and had to pay another £11 for a copy of the original entry.  Had it within 48hrs - it was definitely my uncles signature
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline heddwch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 December 22 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Seems like he emigrated to PA  USA 1914 and had a son Bert in 1916 sadly leaving his original wife and children.

Heddwch
Maeer - Devon and Glamorgan
David - Cardiff Pontypridd
Astley -Merthyr Tydfil
Newland- Hampshire
Jones -Treherbert Rhondda
McCarthy - Cork & Cardiff
Pellow  -  Cornwall

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 27 December 22 15:17 GMT (UK) »

In the 1939 census, Annie Mary lives with her mother Martha and grandchild Beryl. Beryl is Rosalinds daugther and was brought up by Martha. We are told that Annie Mary is still married, but there are no information about the whereabouts of William. Annie Marys last name listed as Cousins, have been crossed out with a green pen. I cannot make out what is written there. (link: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/61596/images/tna_r39_7406_7406a_016?pId=45996814)

The green writing isn't very interesting. Annie Mary has been written above Annie, and then the surname Cousins has been crossed out.  The surname has Stet written next to it in green, which is an old proof reading mark which basically means "ignore this crossing out, it's a mistake"  So someone crossed out her surname when they meant to cross out and correct her forename!

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 01 January 23 18:39 GMT (UK) »

In the 1939 census, Annie Mary lives with her mother Martha and grandchild Beryl. Beryl is Rosalinds daugther and was brought up by Martha. We are told that Annie Mary is still married, but there are no information about the whereabouts of William. Annie Marys last name listed as Cousins, have been crossed out with a green pen. I cannot make out what is written there. (link: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/61596/images/tna_r39_7406_7406a_016?pId=45996814)

ohhh thank you so much for the explanation, it clarifies a lot!

The green writing isn't very interesting. Annie Mary has been written above Annie, and then the surname Cousins has been crossed out.  The surname has Stet written next to it in green, which is an old proof reading mark which basically means "ignore this crossing out, it's a mistake"  So someone crossed out her surname when they meant to cross out and correct her forename!