Author Topic: William Cousins  (Read 4743 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Cousins
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Cyril John Smith Cousins was born December qtr 1910 Bridgend

EDIT

Death reg 1970 Gloucester birthdate 9.11.1910
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Cyril John Smith Cousins was born December qtr 1910 Bridgend

Yes, that is true

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 00:21 GMT (UK) »
See my addition above
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 00:24 GMT (UK) »
See my addition above

Yes, Cyril, Rosalind and Constance were all around Rosalinds children. Cyril used to move around alot for work and at one point in the 50s spent time in Brazil. He was divorced.

If William left before the census in 1911, that would mean all the three children were very young when he left. I wonder where he went...

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 03:18 GMT (UK) »
You may want to take a look at this 1901 entry for Pembrokeshire but no guarantees it’s the right one

Thomas Cousins 37 farmer
Ada 37
William 16
Bertie 6
Piece 5125 Folio 57  Page 13

A possible as unable to find another living Thomas (father/farmer) in Wales with son William rightish age. William not with birth family in 1911.

This William left for the States in 1914

Source
New York Passenger Arriva...(Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 2346, vol 5375-5377, 10 Jul 1914

William Cousins age 30 arrived on 10 Jul 1914 Ellis Island, New York City, United States going Shamokin, PA., U.S.A.  States single from Great Britain, Welsh, father Thomas Cousins a farmer, Pembroke. 

One William to follow or rule out. Link below to military draft registration 1917/18 has his signature, compare with signature on marriage cert to Annie, see if possibly same William? Also includes census.

Familysearch  https://www.rootschat.com/links/01rzj/

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/52097148/william-cousins marriage & 3 children born in USA.

Added: Annie & children are in Llangeinor, Bridgend on 1921 free index.  Also in household is Jacob Rees Thomas & wife Rachel Alice nee Smith (sister of Annie) The full record would have all info.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 11:56 GMT (UK) »
You may want to take a look at this 1901 entry for Pembrokeshire but no guarantees it’s the right one

Thomas Cousins 37 farmer
Ada 37
William 16
Bertie 6
Piece 5125 Folio 57  Page 13

A possible as unable to find another living Thomas (father/farmer) in Wales with son William rightish age. William not with birth family in 1911.

This William left for the States in 1914

Source
New York Passenger Arriva...(Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 2346, vol 5375-5377, 10 Jul 1914

William Cousins age 30 arrived on 10 Jul 1914 Ellis Island, New York City, United States going Shamokin, PA., U.S.A.  States single from Great Britain, Welsh, father Thomas Cousins a farmer, Pembroke. 

One William to follow or rule out. Link below to military draft registration 1917/18 has his signature, compare with signature on marriage cert to Annie, see if possibly same William? Also includes census.

Familysearch  https://www.rootschat.com/links/01rzj/

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/52097148/william-cousins marriage & 3 children born in USA.

Added: Annie & children are in Llangeinor, Bridgend on 1921 free index.  Also in household is Jacob Rees Thomas & wife Rachel Alice nee Smith (sister of Annie) The full record would have all info.

Cas

First of all, thank you for taking the time!

I have also seen that there are no other William Cousins with farmer father Thomas, not even as I could find extending search to whole of UK.

I wonder if that William is our William, he is listed as single... could this be because he just simply gave that information or would that be official information?

I have tried to attach a photo of both signatures for comparison. I tried as attachment, however I dont know if it comes up....

Edit: They both showed up. I dont think they look to similar other than the fact that they write the first part of name similarly. What do you think? I will say I am not clear on whether this is his signature from the wedding cert, but its the only place where their names are written other than in the official document info. It kind of look similar to the little bit we see of the word register office, and that wouldnt be one of the spouses writing..

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, where did you get the marriage cert? You can only compare if it is a photocopy of original cert.

Who were the witness?

As for his marital status it would be whatever he stated. True or not.

Cas

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire

Offline siljegampedalen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, where did you get the marriage cert? You can only compare if it is a photocopy of original cert.

Who were the witness?

Cas

The certificate was given on request by one of Rosalinds children. They have stated it as the marriage certificate between Annie Mary and William. I am not from the UK originally so I would not know what a marriage cert should/would look like and there have trusted that.

It is stated that the witnesses were Anne Davies, Theresa Verity, Graham M. Verity R. Harman Cox (?).

I have attached the full photo of the listed wedding certificate, maybe you can tell me if it is a copy of the certificate or just a copy of the wedding register.

Again thank you so much.

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 12:27 GMT (UK) »
It is a copy given from the registry office. Read details below box signature of who completed.

It has been filled by clerk or registrar of the office it has date completed 10/01/01

All info inside the box is what is on the original cert but is not the original writing.

Cas

Lewis - Breckonshire