Author Topic: 1811 Marriage Christ Church Tynemouth  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: 1811 Marriage Christ Church Tynemouth
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 13:55 GMT (UK) »
I don't think you have Trish, it gives quite a few more details , for the family , if the poster is trying to find details of perhaps where James and Sarah originated from, the marriage as I said earlier, holds no clues what so ever, so I guess as he sailed the coast he met Sarah and they continued up the coast where they had their family,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the replies and research you looked at on the family. Yes they did indeed live on Holy Island and later Berwick and other places before finally settling in Seaham Harbour. I assume that there must be the full marriage entry somewhere?! This seems to be the bishop's transcript so I will need to try and see if I can find out where the other register is!

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 23:01 GMT (UK) »
sadly you assume wrongly, there are no further details held for the marriage other than what you have been given, if they had married by licence you may have struck lucky with an extra detail or two
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,