Author Topic: James Redmond, Baptized 1-May-1865 in Gorey?  (Read 2783 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Redmond, Baptized 1-May-1865 in Gorey?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 December 22 09:08 GMT (UK) »
I may not have been clear in my post.
You explained re the parish name earlier, that is why I looked there.
However, I meant that baptism records for Ballygarrett are only online to 1863 at NLI, hence my question re Roots Ireland.
I also wondered which parish  Neale1961 had seen some records.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 December 22 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,
You could try the Ballyoughter and Camolin Roman Catholic Parish registers.

My ancestors were from the Ballycanew area and some of the children were baptised in Ballyoughter RC church and others in Camolin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Summerhill

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 19:46 GMT (UK) »
I may not have been clear in my post.
You explained re the parish name earlier, that is why I looked there.
However, I meant that baptism records for Ballygarrett are only online to 1863 at NLI, hence my question re Roots Ireland.
I also wondered which parish  Neale1961 had seen some records.

Roots Ireland has 1830-1863, and 1865-1899, with no details on the exact dates of the "gap".

I presume Neale1961 must have seen records in Gorey on FamilySearch, but that is just a guess.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,

My ancestors were from the Ballycanew area and some of the children were baptised in Ballyoughter RC church and others in Camolin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Summerhill

Thanks for the suggestions and I agree.
However,  She Who Must Be Obeyed is telling me to quit genealogy for a while and focus on Christmas  ;D

I think I should have familiarized myself more with FamilySearch records before posting. They are somewhat ideosyncratic in how they describe and catalog things, which threw me off. At least that is my story, and I am sticking to it!  :D
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Enjoy your Christmas  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Enjoy your Christmas  ;)

And many happy returns to one and all!  :)

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Summerhill

However,  She Who Must Be Obeyed is telling me to quit genealogy for a while and focus on Christmas  ;D

I think I should have familiarized myself more with FamilySearch records before posting. They are somewhat ideosyncratic in how they describe and catalog things, which threw me off. At least that is my story, and I am sticking to it!  :D

Have you had your DNA done Wexflyer?
It seems to be a way to still do genealogy but participate in Christmas by asking for and getting a kit.  Then it will cover you to do more genealogy at Christmas time next year as you follow up on 'the Christmas present you gave me last year.'
 ;)

Merry Christmas!

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Summerhill

Have you had your DNA done Wexflyer?
It seems to be a way to still do genealogy but participate in Christmas by asking for and getting a kit.  Then it will cover you to do more genealogy at Christmas time next year as you follow up on 'the Christmas present you gave me last year.'
 ;)

Merry Christmas!

Had my parents tested some years back. Most of my progress over the last few years has come from that. Canadian and American death/marriage records of emigrant relatives can provide names of ancestors that are lacking in Ireland, or provide proof of relationships that were otherwise conjectures.