Author Topic: Morpeth PR images  (Read 904 times)

Offline jacqueline cox

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morpeth PR images
« on: Sunday 18 December 22 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters in Northumberland. Can anyone tell me if there is a site where I can see images of Morpeth baptisms c 1767 and 1774 and burials  1776? I subscribe to FindMyPast but they have only transcripts. I am a very long way from Northumberland and strikes, weather and Christmas will make it very difficult to get to the record office. I need to see 4 baptisms  and one burial.
thank you.
Bill, Shropshire
Cox, Nottingham, Maidenhead, West London
Donne, Carmarthen London & Kent
Holloway Medway, Kent
Hepple, Northumberland
Hurrian, North Kent, SE London
Lutman, Sussex
Newcomb, Corby, Lincs, Southwark, Clerkenwell
Orange Normandy East London
Proudlock, Northumberland
Shipley, Northumberland
Staples, City of London, Holborn
Sweeting, Suffolk, London, Surrey
Wilson, Marylebone, Fulham, London

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Morpeth PR images
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 22 19:52 GMT (UK) »
familysearch.org have the films, but they are still only on film and not yet digitised. Film number 4006401 covers 1750 - 1777.
You can no longer send for films, so it's a matter of waiting until they digitised them I guess. (They were all supposed to be have been completed by 2020. Hey ho).
They are searchable - they have a little magnifying glass next to them, but I've found this does does not always pick up some entries in other films I've tried this with.
There is a film 4047377 of the Bishop's Transcripts, baptisms, marriages and burials. The dates given for it are 1769-1840. You can view the images on this film as long as you're registered, (free), and signed in.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 22 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Images of the Northumberland PRs are  not available online - anywhere.
If you have an LDS Family History Centre near you which is open then you would be able to view them if you visit, but the agreement with the record holders means they are not generally available online.

The Bishops Transcripts 'are' freely available via Family Search as they are held by Durham University Library who allow them to be available publically.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/1809346?availability=Family%20History%20Library
(you need to be signed in to view those, but an account is free)

Free Reg  has transcriptions of Morpeth PRs and BTs.

I too am fairly remote from Northumberland Archives and balancing cost and inconvenience of travel I tend to go for requesting copies from them for PRs, I give them dates etc obtained from Family Search/FreeReg and £5 per record and get a nice crisp digital image from the original PR in return via email.
Its not instant especially at this time of the year but, for me, its a LOT cheaper than travel costs/accommodation costs as its not trip that can be done there and back in a day.

Boo

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 10:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a Herbert Maxwell Wood transcript from those years in baptisms and burials.  They are usually pretty accurate and include all the info given.  From those years it might not be much though.  Occasional birthdates along with baptisms if the child was a few months or more old, no places of abode.

Typically burials were name and date, who at least one parent if it was a child, and sometimes "wife of"
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk