Author Topic: 1841 & 1851 Census Family of Henry & Sarah Cory: Aveley  (Read 817 times)

Offline sheppardj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 & 1851 Census Family of Henry & Sarah Cory: Aveley
« on: Tuesday 06 September 05 23:09 BST (UK) »
I'm on a bit of a fishing expedition here but I'm looking for the family of Henry and Sarah Cory.  In the baptism records of son Henry and Daughter Caroline 1825 and 1828 Henry is described as a Waterman The baptism record of Robert has Henry as a labourer.  I appears that they moved around a bit.  During the 1820's they lived in Poplar, 1830's Aveley Essex and the apprenticeship binding record for Robert states Shadwell.  To help sort out some of these discrepancies I am looking for Census records for Henry and Sarah (1841 & 1851) and possibly Robert if he was living alone in 1851.   Robert was bound to a Thomas Corsan in 1845 and may have been living with his family in 1851.  I hope this makes sense so far.

Members of the family of Henry and Sarah are:
Henry Head
Sarah Wife
Henry Edward son b.1825 Poplar
Caroline Dau b. 1828 Poplar
Robert Samuel son (b. 1826 - 1832 age varies on various records, I have his birth recorded in the Aveley Essex parish register as 1832 but in the 1871 and 1881 census he claims to have been born in 1826 in Poplar.)

Thanks

Jim
Cornwall (Antony/Torpoint): SHEPPARD, VIGUS, HORDEN, WILLIAMS, VINCENT, SAMMELS, BASTARD
Somerset, (Bridgwater/Stogursey): SHEPHERD
Norfolk (Cranworth):CORY
Middlesex (London): CORY, FARMER
Kent (Erith/Gravesend/Staplehurst): FARMER, MACKEY

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 & 1851 Census Family of Henry & Sarah Cory: Aveley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 September 05 23:42 BST (UK) »
Jim
I have been having  a root through OriginsNetwork for you in Essex for Cory's but could not find Henry and Sarah etc but I found a Robert details as follows

Rob't Cory aged 10 at BARRACK & ORDNANCE BUILDINGS PURFLEET WITHIN THE WALLS West Thurrock Essex
If your Robert was born 1832 then it is feasible that this may be him? I have no idea what Barrack & Ordnance etc is though.
Hope it helps
Cal  :)
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales