Author Topic: Robertson family of Perthshire  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robertson family of Perthshire
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 23:07 GMT (UK) »

Ann Robertson, 65, independent widow, born Perthshire, is in "Newtyle Cottage or Deans Cross", parish of Caputh, in the 1841 census. I am unsure from the transcription whether or not she is in a household of her own, but a look at the original document will clarify that.

Do you think she might be Susan's mother, wouldn't she be a bit too old?

I noticed this family is at Brae  .. a link perhaps to Susan's daughters living at "Braeholm" or am I clutching at straws lol???

That Susan was still with her mother and brother at Brae in 1861.

Debra  :D

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 29 December 22 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I suppose she would be a bit old, if her age is accurate.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 30 December 22 00:03 GMT (UK) »
I am very interested in this thread as the names Anderson and Robertson of Perthshire are in my wheel house. None of the names and dates match my material as both are very common Scottish names. However if the names Patullo, Wallace and Yoolow[various] crop up in your research i maybe able to connect.
Good luck on the hunt and i am enjoying your journey.

cheers
Jack Gee.
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline atworthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 30 December 22 06:10 GMT (UK) »
I am very interested in this thread as the names Anderson and Robertson of Perthshire are in my wheel house. None of the names and dates match my material as both are very common Scottish names. However if the names Patullo, Wallace and Yoolow[various] crop up in your research i maybe able to connect.
Good luck on the hunt and i am enjoying your journey.

cheers
Jack Gee.

Thanks Jack :)

James Anderson was a prominent figure and a lot of his descendants are still in Geelong and district, and have done well for themselves. It's the Scottish ancestry I seem to have difficulties with, but to date I haven't come across any of the names you mentioned.

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 30 December 22 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks atworthy for your prompt reply. Scottish research can be problematic - especially with common names.It might pay to pay a few scheckles on Scotlands People. Good luck and if you need to chat you know where to find me.

Cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.