Author Topic: Printing double sided  (Read 317 times)

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Printing double sided
« on: Tuesday 27 December 22 20:21 GMT (UK) »
I have a HP Officejet Pro 9020 printer, which I have found to be very good. Does pretty much everything I want.

I have one problem though that I have not been able to solve, despite trying all the settings.

Whenever I print something double sided from Word, the top/bottom margins on the even pages are different to those on the odd pages by about 5mm. They are all the same in the Office settings. Print to PDF and the margins are the same. If I save the file to PDF and try printing from PDF the same thing happens, so it has to be something in the settings to the printer itself.

Has anyone come across this before? How do I fix it.

Thanks
Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Printing double sided
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Pure guess, but is it possible that the printer has defaulted to Letter size paper rather than A4? Mine does that occasionally, so now I check each time before I print.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 12:06 GMT (UK) »
I assume you mean that the second side of any sheet is misaligned from the first, no matter which program you use to print from. So, if you printed pages 1 and 2 from a doc to one sheet, then printed pages 2 and 3 to another, the versions of page 2 would be different.

If so, it would have to be the alignment within the printer.

It would be worth cleaning the rollers used to move the paper around, especially the pick-up rollers. They are usually covered in a slightly spongy rubber-like material. At work I always found a moistened paper towel (from the Gents) ideal for this. Slightly rough, and cheap! The hard part is reaching inside the guts of the printer to where the makers hide them. Many brands have online manuals to guide you to their discovery.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline UK4753

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 December 22 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Here are two suggestions...for what they are worth.
1.  Check your margins in your document.  Maybe there is something that applies to the first page only.
2.  Check to see if there any headers or footers that have been inserted.  Again, maybe something only applies to the first page.

:)
Wiltshire: JONES, BANKS
Yorkshire: FEVERS, SCALES
Kent:  RUMLEY, NIGH
London:  HUGHES, NIGHTINGALE