Author Topic: death of Teresa Meledy (nee Murray)  (Read 894 times)

Offline riannisuileabhain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
death of Teresa Meledy (nee Murray)
« on: Friday 30 December 22 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, would appreciate any help in finding a death for Teresa Murray, she married Patrick Meledy on 9 November 1837 (link below)

https://registers.nli.ie//registers/vtls000633773#page/117/mode/1up

Patrick died in 1877 aged 74, he is noted as being married. due to the nature of his location @ death, perhaps their information at the time was outdated?
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01s0j/

however, I cant seem to find any death certificate for Teresa? I know where Patrick is buried and she is not with him.

thanks,
rνan :)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: death of Teresa Meledy (nee Murray)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 December 22 02:20 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find much but I do see they had a son named Patrick that died in 1907 in New York age 69. They spell the name "Melody".

So we are looking for a widower of a grocer who died after 1877
named Teresa Meledy (or similar) ... ?
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 December 22 07:56 GMT (UK) »

So we are looking for a widower of a grocer who died after 1877
named Teresa Meledy (or similar) ... ?

Actually looking for a widow of Patrick Meledy.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 December 22 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Meledy who died March 5th 1877 was listed as a grocer on his death cert. So I figured Teresa's death would say "widow of a grocer"
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 December 22 15:35 GMT (UK) »
yes they had 2 children, Patrick b1842 and Joseph b1841. My other train of thought was perhaps she died in between 1842-1877 and that Patrick remarried someone else. The name Meledy/Meleady has so many different spellings that searching for a burial record in Glasnevin is difficult  ::)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 31 December 22 15:37 GMT (UK) »

Patrick Meledy who died March 5th 1877 was listed as a grocer on his death cert.

Patrick died on 3rd March 1877 of bronchitis at the R.D.L? Asylum.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 31 December 22 16:08 GMT (UK) »
yes, I think the R.D.L asylum is Richmond Asylum, the prison registers have him admitted in there from 8 June 1847, listed as “a dangerous lunatic” . perhaps she remarried?

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 31 December 22 16:12 GMT (UK) »

I believe that stands for Richmond District Lunatic Asylum, part of the same complex as the Workhouse and House of Industry on North Brunswick Street. Richmond was the name of one of the hospitals on the same site up to the 1980s, another was Hardwick, I think the 3rd was St. Laurence .

added - described as ''for the county and city of Dublin, counties Wicklow and Louth and the county of the town of Drogheda''

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 31 December 22 16:23 GMT (UK) »

I believe that stands for Richmond District Lunatic Asylum, part of the same complex as the Workhouse and House of Industry on North Brunswick Street. Richmond was the name of one of the hospitals on the same site up to the 1980s, another was Hardwick, I think the 3rd was St. Laurence .

added - described as ''for the county and city of Dublin, counties Wicklow and Louth and the county of the town of Drogheda''

Thanks for that, athacliath62  :)