Author Topic: Leicester UK or Melbourne Australia. William Yates and Charlotte (nee Lakin)  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leicester UK or Melbourne Australia. William Yates and Charlotte (nee Lakin)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 January 23 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Di you have the original page?   If so, it is possible that the woman' hands might be on the photo under the cover mount.behind the cover.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leicester UK or Melbourne Australia. William Yates and Charlotte (nee Lakin)
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 February 23 22:38 GMT (UK) »
I tracked down the holder of the old album in which the photos appeared.  They're all sealed in except the photo of the woman!  The photo was taken by Stewart and Co in Melbourne (Australia) and lo-and-behold, she is wearing a wedding ring! So, we know the earliest this could have been taken was late 1875. Another photograph of Charlotte came to light apparently taken at a similar time by Stewart, though probably not the same sitting, based on clothing.

There's till nothing new about the fellow, but he does look like later photographs of William.

Folks thanks again so much for the help given here.

Dave
Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 February 23 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update Dave, Great news to have that info.
Is the handsome little fella in your avatar you as young lad ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 February 23 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol,
For some reason the system didn't alert me to your reply.
Yes, to your question, and I THINK I remember the sitting!
Makes me realise that some memories do remain!
All the best.
Dave
Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)