Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 8 January 2023  (Read 11174 times)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 8 January 2023
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 20:01 GMT (UK) »
That’s wonderful news Gibel and must be such a relief.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Such a relief to have a good outcome Gibel.

Why is your ex repeatedly taking you to court PT? It must be costing him a fortune and if he is not paying the fees out of his pocket, it must be costing someone or some agency a fortune. Isn’t it time whoever is paying for his nasty vengeful actions put a halt to it?

You mentioned his “defence” and that you need to defend yourself. What do you need to defend yourself against? What is he trying to do to you? What does he want from you? Does he have a case against you?

I think not many of us have any knowledge of the Scottish system but someone seems to be taking an awful lot of notice of what he is claiming and is prepared to fund that. It seems unreasonable especially as you are the one responsible for and are the sole carer of the children. It is awful that he and his team are involving them as it must be traumatising.

Does he pay anything towards their upkeep? Do the children see him regularly? Do they want to see him?

It must be a very stressful situation for you and the girls. Will there ever be an end to it, and if so what and when might that be?

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Happy to hear your good news, Gibel, you must feel like a weight has been lifted!

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful news gibel.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Such a relief to have a good outcome Gibel.

Why is your ex repeatedly taking you to court PT? It must be costing him a fortune and if he is not paying the fees out of his pocket, it must be costing someone or some agency a fortune. Isn’t it time whoever is paying for his nasty vengeful actions put a halt to it?

You mentioned his “defence” and that you need to defend yourself. What do you need to defend yourself against? What is he trying to do to you? What does he want from you? Does he have a case against you?

I think not many of us have any knowledge of the Scottish system but someone seems to be taking an awful lot of notice of what he is claiming and is prepared to fund that. It seems unreasonable especially as you are the one responsible for and are the sole carer of the children. It is awful that he and his team are involving them as it must be traumatising.

Does he pay anything towards their upkeep? Do the children see him regularly? Do they want to see him?

It must be a very stressful situation for you and the girls. Will there ever be an end to it, and if so what and when might that be?

Sorry thought better of answering publicly, it is a long complicated story.  He doesn't pay maintenance
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everybody, I’m very relieved and can now think about my holiday in 3 weeks. Its the rest of my wrecked summer Swiss holiday. The hotel I didn’t get too waived their cancellation charges if I took the holiday within about 6 months which was really kind. I’d stayed there a number of times. I was dreading having to cancel again and doing yet another insurance claim. Now I can give thought to getting out my winter gear.I go winter walking on their prepared walking paths. Mind you the Swiss are a bit short of snow at the moment but I’ll still get out and enjoy the very different scenery to the summer.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hope you have a wonderful time Gibel, I'm so pleased to hear your good news.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 23:23 GMT (UK) »
That's such good news Gibel!  I'm so pleased for you.  I hope you get the best sleep ever tonight! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 05 January 23 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Ok fair enough Pharma.  :)

Good news about your holiday Gibel. Have a wonderful time.