Author Topic: alexander Stewart married Margaret Morison or Morisone  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
alexander Stewart married Margaret Morison or Morisone
« on: Friday 06 January 23 06:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello all, Hope that you all had a a great Christmas and new year, I'm hoping someone(s) can help me out, My Grandad is 98 now and I have been working really hard to try get as far back in his line as possible to show him his linage as he has always wondered and no one else in the family is bothered their butts but I'd love to give him as much of his linage as possible even if its just his direct line, before anything happens to him, as he has had a spate of illnesses and his health has declined, he still has all his faculties but you never know what is around the corner and I'd like to know as much as possible before (god forgive me for saying this!) anything happens to him I have found an Alexander Stewart whom married a Margaret Morison or Morisone they married Kincardine by Doune. they had a child also called Alexander Stewart who was born either 1682 or 1685, or possibly there was 2 by that name but my one is born 1865. The one in 1865 was born Kippen, Stirlingshire as I have conflicting evidence unless they had 2 kids called Alexander! I'm looking for any other kids of this couple and also Alexander Stewart (Father) parents but cannot seem to find them... Can anyone assist me in anyway what so ever in finding this family? or, an their forefathers?

Mine and my families thanks an gratitude in advance and for all of your time in reading this

Kindest Regards
Gillian.
Stewart McGilp Gillies Haldane Sommerville Little Orr Mullen Robertson King Leckie Hutton McLaren McDonald Meason/Mason Morison Hamilton Stuart,

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: alexander Stewart married Margaret Morison or Morisone
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 January 23 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Not enough relevant info given as Stewart is a common surname & you have not given any starting point to work from

Presume you mean Alexander Stewart born 1862 or 1865 - not 1682?

Was your grandfather born in Scotland?  (As he is still alive please do not give his name here)

If yes - who were his parents shown on his birth cert  - including his mothers maiden name

When did his parents marry?  Have you downloaded a copy of their marriage cert? Who were their respective parents

Have you found his parents on the 1911 or 1921 census showing their respective birthplaces?

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 January 23 20:18 GMT (UK) »
there is an Alexander Stwerart baotised 1st Feb 1702 Kippen Stirlingshire
father Alexander Stewart mother Margaret Morison would this be yours?

there is also an Alexander Stweart marriage on 21st Nov 1728  killearn Stirlingshire to an
Isabell Meason
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 February 23 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Not enough relevant info given as Stewart is a common surname & you have not given any starting point to work from

Presume you mean Alexander Stewart born 1862 or 1865 - not 1682?

Was your grandfather born in Scotland?  (As he is still alive please do not give his name here)

If yes - who were his parents shown on his birth cert  - including his mothers maiden name

When did his parents marry?  Have you downloaded a copy of their marriage cert? Who were their respective parents

Have you found his parents on the 1911 or 1921 census showing their respective birthplaces?

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Hi its Alexander Stewart born 1862 or 1865 as I believe that they were brothers but 1 died and the next boy was renamed Alexander! I have all relative info on my Grandfather and his family, I'm just having issues with Alexander.. alexanders parent are unknown to me and that's whom I'm trying to find.

Regards
Gill
Stewart McGilp Gillies Haldane Sommerville Little Orr Mullen Robertson King Leckie Hutton McLaren McDonald Meason/Mason Morison Hamilton Stuart,

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 February 23 09:12 GMT (UK) »

there is also an Alexander Stweart marriage on 21st Nov 1728  killearn Stirlingshire to an
Isabell Meason

That's them. Its Alexanders parents that I'm trying to find.

Kindest Regards
Gill

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 February 23 09:15 GMT (UK) »

Isabell Meason

It's Alexander whom is married to Margaret Morison. it's his parents I am looking for as I just seem to be getting no where with his folks!

Gill

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 February 23 20:37 GMT (UK) »
I am confused still on what years you are looking at Gill  ::)

Is it 1860s as you mention...or early 1700s?

Quite a difference for records available.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mitch7532

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 March 23 19:40 GMT (UK) »
An Alexander STEWART married a Margret MORISON 16 Feb 1694 at Kincardine, Perthshire. So you are looking for a birth/baptism for Alexander prior to 1680.

POSSIBLE? Children of this couple:
Marjorie STEUART to Alexr. STEUART and Margaret MORESON. 15 Jul 1696 at Kilmadock, Perthshire.
Alexander STEWART to Alexander STEWART and Margaret MORISON. 01 Feb 1702 at Kippen, Stirlingshire.
Walter STEUART to Alexander STEUART and Margaret MORISONE. 08 Aug 1708 at Kippen.

In theory if Alexander born 1702 is the first Son then Alexander who marries 1694 should have a Father called Alexander. His Wife should have parents called Walter(or possibly Alexander) and Marjorie. As the number of children/records is limited this naming pattern may not follow.
PARFREMENT/PERFREMENT(anywhere). Mitchell, Russell, Cooper, Williams, Hales, Hopkinson, Rowlands, Langley.