Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 15th January  (Read 16373 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 15th January
« Reply #45 on: Friday 13 January 23 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Sleep tight Viktoria

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 13 January 23 22:56 GMT (UK) »

Spoke with sister in law today ,I must invite her and her daughter up .
We always got on and she was my bridesmaid ,the other was a friend from college but she was stranded in IOM— no sailings due to bad weather !

There are worse places to be stranded!

KG (Douglas, IoM)

P.S. No sailings means no supplies to supermarkets & no newspapers!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 14 January 23 07:51 GMT (UK) »
I'm continuing to feel relaxed especially as doc said my blood and urine tests were better than " satisfactory" which I'd been told on phone .

I have to avoid anxiety !

Spasms still haven't been explained but as long as I stay hydrated, get plenty of salt + eat often  :I can avoid the fainting spells which have been  present all my life ( usually at sight of blood or medical things. )
There are enough warning signs for me to sit on floor before I faint ...can be embarrassing but better than falling + risking hitting head .

I am very grateful that someone invented sunflower lanyards that staff in most supermarkets and bus /train stations recognise as belonging to someone with hidden disabilities .

So I'm starting to go out on my own again & reclaiming a social life .

My services as multi lingual storyteller have been requested at a lovely arts cafe where young people with communication differences learn new skills or have outlets for their current skills .
Will do a trial before  comedy workshop next Friday..
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 14 January 23 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Pharma I wonder if you have had good legal advice .I know that you lead a busy life ...and can't afford top notch lawyers but there is help out there .

Where are you based and which organisations  have you tried already .? Maybe we can come up with other sources .

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 14 January 23 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Brigidmac, gosh you are doing well and a lot to do with your resolution to keep going .
Nice to hear when someone who has felt they can “ off load” a bit to us can give good news,it is what we have wished foryou,thankyou.
I feel sure I speak for us all.

Scottish Law is often more sensible than English law but as Dickens had a character say” The Law is a ass” open to correction re spelling etc.

A householder who set up a series of booby traps after repeatedly being burgled was charged when yet another burglar got injured,!!!!

Hope all are well, a very dark rainy morning ,I must nip iinto Rammy , forgot tomatoes and Yorkshire puds, I am not the best at those and Auntie Bessies’ are so good.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 14 January 23 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Viktoria you are the epitome of looking on the bright side and often give us a laugh with your own misadventures and plans

Enjoy your Yorkshires

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 14 January 23 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Pharma I wonder if you have had good legal advice .I know that you lead a busy life ...and can't afford top notch lawyers but there is help out there .

Where are you based and which organisations  have you tried already .? Maybe we can come up with other sources .

I've tried multiple local solicitors, Scottish Woman's Rights Centre, family law centre, legal advice via my union.  They all say they can't help, that my case is too complicated.  The outcomes and unfair judgements are not unique to my case.  If you look at Custodypeace and thecourtsaid on twitter they share many examples of what happens in family court.  It is illegal to report on faily court, so you won't get news stories like you do from the criminal court.  This means that people don't get to hear how it works unless they or someone close to them are involved.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 14 January 23 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Pharma, on reading Brigidmac’s reply to my post I could see that when I said Scottish Law is often more sensible than English Law it could be misunderstood that I felt in your case the Law was right,far from it ,it is obviously a minefield andI  did not mean to infer anything against you.
Keep in contact ,we do “ listen” can’t help really but wish you a good outcome and soon!
Best regards.
Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 14 January 23 11:40 GMT (UK) »
As others have said, we're all here "On your side..." May not be much, but we're there.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)