Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 15th January  (Read 16357 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 15th January
« Reply #81 on: Saturday 14 January 23 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Copying a post or actually quoting it Brigid is ensuring that readers know which post you are replying to - that might become unclear if the reply is several posts below the one to which you are replying.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 15th January
« Reply #82 on: Saturday 14 January 23 20:46 GMT (UK) »
I will risk upsetting people here by locking this thread.  It does not seem to represent kindness and tolerance of others' view points.  In this world, we all know that that there is a wide range of thoughts and opinions.  It would be a miracle if we could all agree all of the time.  When we don't, it doesn't mean we should be uncharitable towards those expressing those views.

I will admit I have not read it all and I do not generally read the 'Diary' threads so I may fall into the trap of judging the situation based on the last few posts.

However, I think that it is about time for us all to remember what this board was created for:

This is a board for discussing the current situation that this world faces. Please consult medical advice relevant to your own country. Remember: Stay at home. Keep social distancing. Wash your hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds.

The latest posts seems to be far removed from the remit.

Please feel free to start another Diary thread for next week - on Monday.

But in the meantime, take the space and time until then to enjoy a Sunday in a calm and pleasant way - the weather forecast for my neck of the woods says it is not due to rain, for a change.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk