Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 15th January  (Read 16370 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 15th January
« Reply #36 on: Friday 13 January 23 11:44 GMT (UK) »
I am going to kill that flipping woman who pops out of the little house on the wall!
Got a load of white washing in to dance on the line ,then a big cloud and it is chucking it down , son said forecast was 27mm so more than an inch of rain today!
Oh wet washing on the maiden in the kitchen again. I don’t use the drying facility ,takes hours and so creased.
Such is life, I have a washer and a maiden what more could a girl want ,that would be luxury in other places and for other people.

Thanks again for your kindness.

Well done to Pharma’s daughter.
See what a good mother can do !
Not discounting the young lady’s own efforts and achievements  though.

Sooo, piles of clothes, sorted in colours or temperature in the utility room .
I will get through it one day!
I find if I don’t set ridiculous unachievable aims I still do a good amount and am not left feeling inadequate.

Hope all are well, some were not before Christmas and there were some serious conditions.
I hope you are better,do let us know -if you feel O.K with that ,- we can only be supportive but a listening ear ie iPad or computer is a safety valve ,and we all need those don’t we.
It does not depress me, in fact I count my blessings more!
( I think my wings have got fleas!)
Well must get on going round in circles -!
I will get somewhere or other even if only to the foot if our stairs!
Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 13 January 23 12:44 GMT (UK) »
So pleased to hear that you are doing well Viktoria.

Pharma, it’s good to do a bit of clearing out isn’t it? But. Why do you still have his stuff? When can you take it to the tip?  :-\

Seems ridiculous that his junk is still in your house taking up your space and being a constant reminder. None of it can be too vital if he hasn’t had the need to use it for years.

I can only take it to the tip if he gives permission or doesn't mention it for 2 years. All he has to do is say he wants it once every year to 2 years then do nothing about it.  You would think having taking nothing to do with it for 4 years 10mon and 21 days would mean that it was considered proof he neither wanted nor needed it but that's not how the law works.

That is completely bonkers Pharma. What is the logic behind that?

Does he have any friends you can dump it all on, or who can collect it and take it to him?

Unless it is itemised can’t you at least slowly and slyly dispose of some of it? After so long he surely can’t remember every single item he left? ;D

Having said that I understand that you need to follow whatever rules are in place no matter how stupid they are.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 13 January 23 12:58 GMT (UK) »
The logic is that he cannot have his rights stepped on.  He is deliberately not doing anything about collecting it to extend control.  Also means he can accuse me of hoarding and be sure there is some 'evidence' of it
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 13 January 23 13:15 GMT (UK) »
I understand the control aspect of it, - and his junk in your house is a constant reminder of him.

But. It doesn’t make sense that he or anyone else could anyone accuse you of hoarding - if it’s his stuff?

I hope it gets sorted soon, and you can dump the lot. That will feel soooo goooood.  ;D

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 13 January 23 13:23 GMT (UK) »
I understand the control aspect of it, - and his junk in your house is a constant reminder of him.

But. It doesn’t make sense that he or anyone else could anyone accuse you of hoarding - if it’s his stuff?

I hope it gets sorted soon, and you can dump the lot. That will feel soooo goooood.  ;D

The truth doesn't matter, it's again all about control.  He'll make complaints about the state of the house, that he has not seen for years. He just hopes he gets caught wanting.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 13 January 23 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Whoever he is complaining to must realise that he hasn’t seen the house for years so he won’t have a clue what it’s like, and therefore he is wasting their time and (someone’s) money.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 13 January 23 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Whoever he is complaining to must realise that he hasn’t seen the house for years so he won’t have a clue what it’s like, and therefore he is wasting their time and (someone’s) money.

Public money as Social services have to investigate every report.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 13 January 23 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Can't imagine  how much money and time it is all wasting, unbelievable to be  quite honest if you think it could all have been sorted some years ago instead he puts you and your girls through it every time.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 13 January 23 21:53 GMT (UK) »
It is amazing how stupid The Law can be !
We law abiding citizens have to think twice before we can defend ourselves and our property.!
If I had a burglar alarm that bonked intruders on the head no doubt I would be had up for assault!

Posted Flash Harry’s scarf today —— it weighed as much as a couple of feathers but £7-99 !!!

A pack of three little pots of no drain tuna £5, a short time ago four pots were £4!
A small loaf now 99p ,a week or so back they were 85p.
Apples  now  sold singly at about 85-99 pence each .
Seems only yesterday they were that a kilo !
I really don’t know how young families manage.

Spoke with sister in law today ,I must invite her and her daughter up .
We always got on and she was my bridesmaid ,the other was a friend from college but she was stranded in IOM— no sailings due to bad weather !

Well time for a cuppa , then bed I think .
I am tired but it will be Covid after effects most probably ,so nothing special.

Cheerio. Look after yourselves , and I hope you are all warm and cosy .
Viktoria.