Author Topic: Canada Marriage  (Read 2907 times)

Offline tazzy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Canada Marriage
« on: Monday 09 January 23 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I have a Marriage date for Hanna Dickson & William Louis Parish on 27 August 1918 in Rockwood, Manitoba. 
Can anyone tell me if this would show any other details e.g., if Widowed or parents names??

Much appreciated

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 23 23:38 GMT (UK) »
The detail view of the record gives an idea of what might be found on the record but there is no guarantee that all the info will be there. You will really only know what info is actually provided if you purchase the record. You can find the record through the link and click on detail view.

https://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 02:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

A possible border crossing from Canada to USA for William and Hannah in Sept. 1918, crossing at Noyes, Minnesota.

Parish, William Louis, age 55 b. Perth, Ontario, married, occupation minister, accompanied by wife
Hannah, last residence Hanley, Saskatchewan, next of kin brother James Parish, Brussels, Ontario.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99DQ-GW64-K?i=901&cc=2185163&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQKQM-B7VT

Parish, Hannah, age 70, b. Lannockshire (sp?), Scotland, accompanied by husband William Louis,
last residence Hanley, Saskatchewan, next of kin brother in law James Parish, arrived Canada 1901
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99DQ-5922-R?i=5061&cc=2185163&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F619, 03%2F1%3A1%3AQKQM-B9W1

There is a Find a Grave entry for a Hannah Vallance Dickson Parish in Battleford, Saskatchewan
b. 16 Nov 1840 Libberton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, d. 1 Jan. 1921 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/178325653/hannah-vallance-parish

DB

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:56 GMT (UK) »
next of kin brother James Parish, Brussels, Ontario.

This brother could be the James Parrish, died 1919, Morris Township, Brussells.

As a widower, he married widow Annie Shiels, nee Coombs.

Their marriage shows his parents to be John Parrish and Sarah Ann Jeffreys, both born England.

Found lots more, but in a rush atm!

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 January 23 01:34 GMT (UK) »
No rush bb,  :) the OP tazzy hasn't been back to say we are on the right track or not.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 January 23 05:26 GMT (UK) »
No rush bb,  :) the OP tazzy hasn't been back to say we are on the right track or not.

I was hoping for a response before posting more, just in case tazzy didn't want any of the "fun of the hunt" spoiled  (or if I was totally on the wrong track!) 

If you have dug up some info, don't wait for me, go for it  when tazzy returns!  My notes are now buried deep in a pile of papers on the kitchen table.  I need to learn to use notepad, instead of scribbling on the backs of envelopes to keep notes!

(And I'm glad you posted... I do need reminders now and then as to who/what these notes are for!)

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 January 23 16:08 GMT (UK) »
"on the backs of envelopes".....lol. I have a notebook but the biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember that" hence the lightly used notebook. ;D

Just on my way out, a busy weekend for me, don't think I'll have time to do much searching.

Cheers,
DB