Author Topic: Emmanuel Swabey and wife Charlotte Baker death.  (Read 1497 times)

Offline AlgarvePete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Grandad Harry and 3 of my uncles.
    • View Profile
Emmanuel Swabey and wife Charlotte Baker death.
« on: Monday 09 January 23 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, looking for any information on the death's of Emmanuel Swabey and his wife Charlotte Baker, they were both born 1838 and both died age 22 quarter ending December 1860 Berkhamstead.
I believe they were both born and lived in Wigginton and most likely married there (1858).
I know I could send off for Death Certificates but with so many in my tree it would cost a fortune but if no further information is forthcoming I will have to for this couple as it is strange they both died so young at same time. I have their births, marriage and death details plus 1841 and 1851 census but any further information would be most welcome. Regards, Pete
Mainly researching the Lees from Herts but also compiling a one name study of Culverhouse

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Swabey and wife Charlotte Baker death.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 00:32 GMT (UK) »
If you are looking for their cause of death that can only be obtained from their death certs.  pdf copies cost £7 instead of £11
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline AlgarvePete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Grandad Harry and 3 of my uncles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 04:46 GMT (UK) »
I have now found Charlotte's headstone shared with her parents in St Bartholomew's church, Wigginton, she is entered as Charlotte Swabey but unfortunately headstone is so worn that I can't make out if husband is also there.
Mainly researching the Lees from Herts but also compiling a one name study of Culverhouse

Offline ~buttons~

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 January 23 12:26 GMT (UK) »
I have their births, marriage and death details

As you have their Death details does that mean you already know their cause of death  ???

Apologies if I'm repeating info you already have - I believe Emmanuel died before Charlotte so they had very little time to spend with their daughter. Maybe they were both devastated after her early demise.

MI transcriptions for Wigginton graves available at Herts Family History Society, Publications, Volume 89.