Author Topic: Diary, started Monday 16th January-  (Read 4782 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary, started Monday 16th January-
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 January 23 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Well Viktoria,  I can do ordinary!!

I have had  a swollen little   finger since before  Christmas, was very painful , Dr suggested it was gout, well what a laugh, I seldom drink, sent for x-ray and results came back,  scan next, then a lump appeared last  week,   the lump was looking  very inflamed, managed to get an appt today, Dr suggested it might have been a spider that had bitten me, yikes, they are my biggest phobia, until today the skin did not appear to have been pierced,  crafty spider, it is very painful but hopefully the antibiotics cream will  do the trick  , so that is ordinary Victoria.

My daughters birthday on 21st, grandaughter  on 22nd and she is backpacking in Asia, we have quite a few January birthdays, also June and November.

Nice your husband was brought up a gentleman, a lad I met recently told me his grandfather who died in 2022 told him to be  a gentleman to any young lady, sadly he said that girls don't want to date a gentleman, what a shame, I told him that he will  meet a nice young lady who will like him as a gentleman, how sad is that?

My cuppa has arrived so will sign off

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 19 January 23 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Nothing to do with anything really but I have a whole list of names under my messages,  not a single person has  ever contacted me with any connections

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 19 January 23 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Viktoria for sharing the news about your sons diagnosis…. I’m sure you must all be relieved that it’s not his heart. Hopefully with the right treatment he will make some improvements.

How very obliging of the taxi company to drop your goods round.. it does restore your faith in mankind doesn’t it..

Well lovely walk today with my OH, we went up to the golf club and I walked and pulled his trolley whilst he played, the sun was shining, no wind but plenty of layers on to keep warm. We stopped at all the small lakes and using his very long ball collector we fished out 9 balls… at around £3 a ball we were quids in!

Well it would have been my Dads birthday on 22nd January he’d be 114 and my grandfathers  is 23rd, my aunts 26th…

LM - I do hope your finger improves soon for you… have to say I’ve not heard of a spider bite before most unusual!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 January 23 03:55 GMT (UK) »
Always good to get some sort of answer one way or another if dwelling on anything, whether health matter or anything really, isn't it.

Dentist visit for broken tooth went OK, only pain being appointments having to be made made for crown work to be done in Feb.

Lovely to see photo of your dear wee grandson, Diana, thanks for sharing ... our happy wee miss 8 months is on the move with army crawling atm and been busy pushing teeth through, independent with dealing with solids and whole foods, no thanks very much to spoon feeding and mushy stuff stage but still some perseverance with that option as well.

A bit more summery this week, flies and mosquitoes certainly enjoying it, surprised to see very few people at the beaches yesterday and today with still another week or two of school holidays. Another of our neighbours across back fence has had men around 2 days this week barrowing soil into their swimming pool, so not intending to use it and yard a bit neglected since they bought not long before pandemic and started doing up inside then left empty all through lockdowns. 2nd pool to have gone now just over our boundaries with another taken out before going on market in favour of a bigger deck, however new residents now have a big mound of earth alongside that and workmen also so perhaps intending to put in another. Will find out in due course no doubt, all obscured somewhat by fencing and our trees and access off different street and very little contact.

Have previous tenants from rental next door still with us since Christmas while seeking another suitable place, private and separate dwelling and all good so far. Their landlord did finally address several issues with earlier wear and tear on the property when they terminated contract 3 months ago before heading home for a visit, however with very little outlay overall has hiked the rent up considerably and it remains empty and grounds unkempt. Also had some dampness and mould, a 1950's build and like your granddaughter's pretty cottage, Viktoria, appealing until having to deal with that concern and perhaps others when living in it and the heat pump was only marginally helping overall.

In other news … NZ PM gave her out of the blue resignation yesterday, today mail brought us a congratulatory card from her for our 50th wedding anniversary as an added surprise.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 20 January 23 10:58 GMT (UK) »
LouisaMaude,,I have gout in my fingers,for years thought it was arthritis ,but a flare up a few weeks ago meant my Rt, thumb joint next to wrist was red and swollen and painful ,likewise my wedding ring finger ,I’d had similar in Rt ring finger too, so now I dare not wear any rings as the  swelling when it happens means I can’t get rings off.
There are tablets ,and I always have some in just in case.
You do not have to be a port drinker or have rich  food it is mostly potassium as in bananas and brightly coloured fruit like
,peppers etc .
Jolly painful.
Uric acid crystals in the  blood collect in joints ,which are swollen and inflamed ,soooo painful.
I like Ratatouille ,but have the tablets ready,as thr peppers etc can cause a flare up.
Get the tablets -Colchicine ,only needs two days abd s massive improvement but then a break from them,so you hope they work in the two days,they always have.
But I have heard of spider bites too.
My O.H one Summer morning walked down through drive and there was a thread of gossamer  across a rose arch, he walked into it and boy!
His eyes and face swelled dreadfully, and by co incidence a friend living a couple of miles away had the same problem a few days later from her garden.
As did her son ,they had been looking fir something in the shrubbery in their garden ,the dog’s ball.
There were hundreds of spiderlings ,just hatched ,on the gossamer threads ,no mother in sight ,she  had buzzed off weeks ago!

Hope it is better, soon.
I seem to band limbs and appendices when they are already sore, Sod’s law I expect.

Your little one sounds advanced Mare, like ours , I feel we kept ours lying down until 7 months when most babies sit up ,but they are upright now so soon ,doesn’t seem to do any harm and of course upright they see and observe more so learn quickly ,however , my children have all done well even though by today’s  standards they were lying down much longer.

The N,Z,President  looked truly exhausted on TV yesterday evening , I am fairly sure most women in roles if great responsibility get a rough deal, Margaret Thatcher even so they have to be really hard to survive ,what an unfair world it still can be.
Mind you, some Women Police high rankers have been rubbish !

Well washing to put out in the crisp sunshine ,son’s duvet and pillows already in the icy fresh air ,he is not back until tomorrow or Sunday.

Cheerio,and thanks for the good wishes everybody.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 January 23 11:53 GMT (UK) »
My aunt way back in the 1930's was bitten by a spider as she put her gloves on, our Vicar had a bite from one as well but what I can make out it there was  no puncture   wounds but there is a hole now, putting the cream on and keeping it covered. I get a lot of very small spiders on my washing line and in the pegs, I do shake everything before  it  comes in, they are probably hanging on for dear life

Babies nowadays are so much more advanced!,  I remember my mum commenting  when my daughter was born, her words were they will  be sitting up at the table  with knives and forks soon.

It is a really nice but crispy day, not so good underfoot and the roads aren't so good  but I was out at 8am.

Quite unusually the hospital set of traffic lights were on this morning and I crept through, silly me, even my oassenger didn't notice and we both said it was unusual, totally my own fault,  I was creeping forward as the roads aren't so good, will wait  and see if I get the dreaded letter .

Have a good day folks, keep warm

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 January 23 19:06 GMT (UK) »
This is good news about your son's diagnosis, in that it might be possible something might be done to improve things, Viktoria.  It must be such a relief that this is not a heart problem.  Thank you for letting us be the first to know.

Hope the antibiotics will do the trick soon for your painful finger LM.

Pavements were very slippy with black ice last night by the time I finished my 12 hour shift. I nearly slipped over so I walked on the road instead when it was safe to do so.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 January 23 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Son was at Chiripractor today ,an assessment to see how he was from yesterday’s treatment.
Very sore but not as much pain ,.
They had seenThe  King was in Bolton ,it has a wonderful Town Hall, and it is I think he said 75 years,or 175 but I will have to check , since a Prince of Wales opened it or laid the foundation stone ,must check dates in my King and Queen book.
Possibly he who became Edward VII ,
So they waited a good hour in dense crowds to see H.M.
Will no doubt say in the News on T.V. at Ten O’Clock .

Got a good bit done today whilst son is away.
Everything off his bed washed , mattress cover,pillow protectors etc .
Did the ordinary sheets etc yesterday.
He had had a cough and temperature so I thought it would be good to freshen everything up .
I had to make do with his duvet on the line in the frosty sunshine ,now airing.
It needs to be professionally done ,my washer is not big enough ,double size 13 tog.
However  full day in the icy sunshine will have killed many germs from his cough. He tested negative right through for Covid .
Well kitchen to put to bed ,so Cheerio folks , thanks for the news ,so nice to hear about your activities etc.
Viktoria.
P.S.
150 years so 1873, and the Edward Prince of Wales who became Edward VII .
V.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 20 January 23 21:36 GMT (UK) »
You really are a busy bee Viktoria,  you cram so much into a day, there seems to be a lot of coughs going  around  that are lasting for  weeks.

RTL,  our pavement was a bit dicey, in fact I had to defrost the car, I hung on to the car like grim death as I went round to to clear the windows it was so slippy underfoot.

Tomorrow is our daughters birthday, they as a family always have birthday cake for breakfast,  my son in law is collecting us at 8am to have a birthday breakfast, cake , then they are going to London overnight staying at the Hilton,  both children away so mum and dad go out to play, we will  be cat sitting.

Not quite so cold this evening, take care everyone , sleep well

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London