Author Topic: Military Cemetery Cork - Margaret E Logan  (Read 196 times)

Offline afb57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Military Cemetery Cork - Margaret E Logan
« on: Wednesday 18 January 23 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have found a marriage certificate in which the brides residence is recorded as Military Cemetery, Cork.  The marriage is between Robert Oakley Chislett corp.19 Hussars res. Military Barracks, Ballincollig father William Oakley Chislett, Paymaster in the army. Bride is Margaret Elizabeth Logan res. Military Cemetery Cork, father John Logan Army Pensioner. The marriage took place on 16 Oct 1879 at St. Lukes, Cork.

I am very puzzled by how the the bride would have a cemetery as an address. I would also love to find out what happened to her. Chislett went on to serve abroad shortly after the marriage and I suspect he abandoned her or she may have died. I haven't been able to place her with Chislett on any subsequent records of his and when he married again in Aldershot in 1891 he stated he was a bachelor.

Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Military Cemetery Cork - Margaret E Logan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 18:56 GMT (UK) »

Bride is Margaret Elizabeth Logan res. Military Cemetery Cork, father John Logan Army Pensioner.

I am very puzzled by how the the bride would have a cemetery as an address.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Maybe she was living at the lodge which was at the entrance to the Military Cemetery, Cork.

https://arcg.is/zP9m0

Use MapGenie 25 Inch [1887-1913] in BaseMap Gallery.
Victoria Barracks to the south-east.

No sign of a Margaret Chislett being deceased after 1879 according to IrishGenealogy.ie
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 January 23 15:08 GMT (UK) »
On the older map the entrance to and a couple of buildings in the Cemetery are on Watercourse Mill Road.
This looks like the death of her father John with an address of Watercourse Mills Road.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01s21/

Offline afb57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 January 23 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your posts, they have been a great help.