Author Topic: Crossett or Crosset or Cregan family in Cookstown Tyrone Ireland  (Read 798 times)

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Crossett or Crosset or Cregan family in Cookstown Tyrone Ireland
« on: Wednesday 18 January 23 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for ancestors, Crossett or Crosset or Cregan that lived in or near Cookstown that I know of from the mid 1800,s. Some of them moved to Scotland but I would like to find any that of those who remained behind in Cookstown or other locations..

Thanks Ron Crossett       

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Crossett or Crosset or Cregan family in Cookstown Tyrone Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 20:47 GMT (UK) »

You've posted in IRELAND RESOURCES which is for resources not queries.
Just ask a moderator (via Report to moderator) to move your request to the Tyrone sub-board where you might find an answer.

Also the posting of e-mail addresses is forbidden here on RootsChat, so you will have to remove your email address to avoid spamming, internet abuse, identity abuse etc. This has been reported to a moderator.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 21:15 GMT (UK) »
my Apologies for using my Email Address ..I am not proficient in the use of this App..
I am not sure how to get it to the right place on here
Ron Crossett

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 21:26 GMT (UK) »

Here are all the Crossetts living in Cookstown Co Tyrone in the 1901 census.
Sixteen in total.

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01s1x/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the Link.. I do believe that those are of my Family.. I will try to research further..

Ron Crossett

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 21:32 GMT (UK) »
...and in the 1911 census for Cookstown and Stewartstown (12 entries).

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01s1y/

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 January 23 18:22 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for the Link.. I do believe that those are of my Family..

Is it the ones living in Loy Street or the ones in Church Street?   (reply #3)

Richard Crossett, a medical practitioner died at Loy Street, Cookstown on 6 April 1915. His widow Henrietta was the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1915/05275/4464863.pdf

From PRONI Will Calendars-
https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

Full Abstract :
Probate of the Will of Richard Crossett late of Cookstown County Tyrone Medical Doctor (Retired) who died 6 April 1915 granted at Armagh to Henriette Crossett the Widow and William H. Coleman Bank Manager.
Date of Death :   6 April 1915
Date of Grant :   16 June 1915
Effects :  £2,416 1s. 3d.
Image also available.

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 January 23 19:04 GMT (UK) »
The records I currently have make reference to Crossetts living on Church St.. and Richard you mentioned I have no knowledge of.. Just looking at what I have there is a list of Crossetts or Crossitts  and as a reference I have a Henry born in 1887 to Joseph Crossitt and Sarah Sloan Living on Church ST in Cookstown.. I will have to do more research to see where the others listed on my tree were located..

Ron Crossett

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 January 23 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Henry appears with Joseph and Sarah on the 1901 census as shown above. Also on this census record is a Sloan noted as Joseph's brother in law. 

It is hard to know what you are seeking. Are you wanting to go backwards or forwards? 
So do you want to find the BDM details for Joseph, Sarah and Henry and going back earlier or finding the marriage, children, death of Henry going forward. 

If going back I would not dismiss the record found for Richard.  he may be a brother or uncle of Joseph and some times if we get stuck going laterally to find brothers and sisters can help get clues to go back further. 

This is a good site
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/
as is
https://www.familysearch.org/search/

The cnesu sites, that you have already had referred to are good especially for finding older memebrs as you can sort by age and then look to see how the older ones link to your family. 
Also good is Griffiths Valuation