Author Topic: Moriarty children, Essex  (Read 431 times)

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Moriarty children, Essex
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 January 23 20:58 GMT (UK) »

Thank you so much amondg, this info will help me so much, very much appreciated.

Regards

Shari.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 January 23 01:47 GMT (UK) »
My brother-in-law is a Moriarty and the last 3 generations are all Scots- born but beyond that they came from County Kerry in Ireland where he has many cousins still.
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 January 23 00:05 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Ian, would your brother-in-law be willing to help with info on this family? I would appreciate anything he has to offer.

Cheers

Shari.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 January 23 06:43 GMT (UK) »
British Newspaper Archives.

9 June 1939 East End News and London Shipping Chronicle.

Headline - Polar Man's Ordination

The Reverend Father Michael Joseph Moriarty son of Mr. and Mrs. Moriarty of 4 Caledonian Terrace, Jeremiah Street, Poplar was ordained at Westminster Cathedral by his Eminence Cardinal Hinsley.
Father Moriarty was educated as Wade Street School, Poplar and St Edmund's College. Four years ago he went to English College Valladolid Spain and remained there until he completed his studies for the priesthood.
On Sunday he gave his first High Mass at St Mary and St Joseph Church Canton Street. Father Moriarty's father, mother, two brothers and three sisters and other relative were present.

It goes onto say he in the evening he gave a benediction ...., his father is a native of Poplar and a great worker for the church.

So Michael Joseph 1914 became a priest, there is a possible death 1996 I'll see if I can find an obit.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 January 23 08:21 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Ian, would your brother-in-law be willing to help with info on this family? I would appreciate anything he has to offer.

Cheers

Shari.

He has an Aunt in New York who has already done much research and I'm supposed to liaise with her ... watch this space

I'll ask Danny when I see him, probably later in the week,
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 January 23 08:36 GMT (UK) »
I've emailed Daniel Moriarty this morning so if you Private Message me with your email address I'll forward it to him.  He is always pushed for time though as he is still working shifts as an Air Traffic Controller at Prestwick Airport, tends to 4 horses, 10 house cats and many others on behalf of Cats Protection.  That's why they live out in the country .. they would be neighbours from hell if they stayed in town.
cheers, Ian

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 01:40 GMT (UK) »

Thank you to each and everyone for the info on the Moriarty family, I look forward to getting extra to help me with this fmaily, after months of trying I never thought I would get anything at all, thank you all again, your replies and help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shari