Author Topic: My brother and his wife  (Read 993 times)

Offline Nice Guy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My brother and his wife
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hey skippy2, absolutely brilliant.
Many thanks.
Nice Guy.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat. A bit of colour for the lady  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 16:54 GMT (UK) »
...and a variation.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Nice Guy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Treetotal nice work. Appreciated.
Nice Guy

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 18:43 GMT (UK) »
paint.net 5.0.1 latest update .. my first try at colouring
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Nice Guy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ian,
Thank you for your work on the photo of Chris Lee.  Nice work.
I have used Paint.Net and never realised what it is capable of.
Nice Guy.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 09:23 GMT (UK) »
sort the black and white image first, Levels, Contrast, any Repairs etc! then LAYERS.
Add New Layer ... then just slap on the paint which goes onto Layer 2.  As thick and bright as you can because you can twiddle the Saturation and Transparency later.
The default is Normal but Light or Dark or Layer is the usual choice bu you can try all the options and backstep if you don't like the results.
Then MERGE DOWN and adjust the Colour Saturation and Hey Presto  ... you have Colourised a B& W image.
I usually leave EXTRA Colour because the Original Poster will probably want to PRINT a copy onto Photographic Paper and the process invariably loses some of its Colour Sparkle and anyhow they can always tone it down to suit.
Try it firstly on a simple image ... cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Nice Guy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 09:34 GMT (UK) »
I found the navigation round the menus not very good for my eyes with Paint.Net.  Though I will give it a go with the details you have wrote.
I have an old version of Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 and I find this very good for my eyes and ease of use.  I will try through this with your help given for paint.Net.
Nice Guy.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Like I said on your other post, the bigger the file, the more pixels there will be to give greater detail and clarity, and it will be easier on the eyes. Some of the restorers have software that can increase the pixel count without losing quality, I don't have that, so find small files are hard on the eyes. That is why, if possible, you should scan your photos at a resolution of 300Dpi.
Carol