Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 28 January 2023  (Read 3417 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 28 January 2023
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 January 23 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Read the posts from thuis and last thread after we got back from the V*t with our one remaining feline. (Her twin sister died suddenly last June - both 15). Poor AC Purr's not been very well for a couple of days, even managed bravely to slip a finger in her mouth to check teeth, face very swollen despite bathing it in salt water - burst last night, an abcess, so rang V*t and down there first thing today. Examined, big shot of antibiotics, and other stuff to try and get on her food or shoot straight into her mouth (whilst continuing to bath "wound" area) That should keep both of us busy for a week! Hoping we don't have to change her rather nice "real" name - not the one she uses on the "Cats" thread - to scarface, but at least she's home and eating.
We do hurt so much when a much loved animal is unwell, don't we?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 January 23 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Just to join  the club, I will have   been married 59 years on 29th August this year, 

So sorry about your cat TY, yes, we do hurt and worry about our animals, I have never had animals whilst  being married except a rabbit, caused enough
 problems when we went away as my daughter always cried, she now has her own animals we  look after when they go away as a  family,

Shame about your bottle of wine, what a waste

Getting colder this evening,  indoors snug now

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 January 23 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations LM  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 January 23 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations mare + well done Caroline for getting a refund .

I changed my time for story telling today to afternoon and only 1 friend came but I did take 2 international calls and had the most delicious chocolate protein drink : cocoa powder Banana peanut butter + almond milk ( not sure if "protein " was also an ingredient or a description added to the end. 

I'm going to go for a trial at a choir this evening. it's nearby and not too late .
No beekeeping tomorrow .They are looking after themselves ...or sensibly hibernating..it really is cold tho snow not on ground .
Thermals are definitely my best present this year !
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 January 23 17:56 GMT (UK) »
I mentioned  thermals to my husband today,   by the look on his face he must have thought me barmy, time will tell and if is not to late to go out to buy some I will,  thick trousers  might be a good idea

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 January 23 20:51 GMT (UK) »
I do use thermal vests (wearing one at the moment) - not had a need for thermal trousers!
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 January 23 20:54 GMT (UK) »
I think you lot will appreciate my silly story of the day ...
So I put on my thermal long johns then decide whether to wear black jeans on top or soft trousers
I decided to wear the jeans and put the soft trousers in the wash

I'm not sure how it happened but when I went to the toilet 2 hours later I realized I'd actually put the soft trousers on top of my jeans on top of my thermal leggings !!

Must have been overreacting to yesterday when I nearly went out without anything over my leggings !

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 January 23 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Join the Clan  :D :D  BUT at least we are still here!  8)
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 January 23 23:29 GMT (UK) »

Hi Nova
You are fortunate to have free public transport for nurses where you are.  My DiL is a nurse and she drives - I recall her telling me once that they have to pay for parking.  I must ask her if this is still the case.  Personally, I think NHS staff should not have to pay to park at their place of work.
I work in care and work a variety of shifts.  I travel to work two buses there and two back and buy a monthly travel pass which costs £104.50.  At the very start of covid, I started getting a weekly pass instead as I expected that I  probably would get covid travelling about as a keyworker.  But when I didn't, I soon went back to the monthly one as it is cheaper in the long run.  I'm amazed really that, I didn't get covid until July last year.  I was starting to feel invincible almost by then.
My Avatar is the wooden dolly which was in Northumberland Square, North Shields just outside the library.  The whole square and the Georgian town house area surrounding has been getting revamped.  The dolly has been removed; I will have to ask at the local studies when it will be coming back.  They will likely know about it.
There is a quite striking one outside a pub on the fish quay area.
Yes, Roobarb is right Newcastle and North Tynesiders are usually just referred to as Geordies. 
Hope you've had a good day at work Nova.
I've just got in from a 12 hour shift and am a bit behind with the thread.
I popped in M&S en route this morning.  I see they have their novelty Easter Eggs out already!
I have read in the news today on way to work that according to the Tesco Chairman food suppliers are using inflation as an excuse to hike prices.  I have been suspecting this myself for some time.  It also reported several of the largest consumer firms are to unveil profits of 50 billion, up by 2 billion apparently.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner