Author Topic: Possible Date Please - Minnie Griffin, Eastbourne Sussex UK  (Read 913 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Date Please - Minnie Griffin, Eastbourne Sussex UK
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 January 23 23:28 GMT (UK) »
I can't see any similarity between the 'bride'  and either of  the older ladies.

:-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 January 23 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to disappoint but I don't see any similarities to the ladies in the first photo. In the first photo, the lady at the back and the gent have the same dark looks, the lady at the front looks very fair compared to the others, thereby I would rule out a relation between the two women in the first photo
Just my thoughts.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 January 23 00:49 GMT (UK) »
In the photo of the two sisters in later life I can understand what you mean, because they are sufficiently different looking to each other. I'm not sure though whether I think they are the same ladies in the first photo.  :-\

As Carol said, it is a really lovely photo.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 January 23 00:59 GMT (UK) »
One of the reasons that I couldn't see a likeness was the noses of the older ladies. Noses tend to grow longer with age but they have 'snub' noses. Both ladies in the wedding photo have longer and slimmer noses.

As we age, our nasal skin becomes thinner, and the nose structure weakens and loses support. These changes cause the nasal tip to droop, making the nose look longer. Gravity will have the same effect on the nose as it does on facial skin around the eyes, cheeks, and jowls.
https://www.newfaceny.com/blog/how-does-our-nose-shape-change-with-age/

Do you have any photos of the brother(s)?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline blueskyehelen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 January 23 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the responses. A lot of food for thought. The one definite is Minnie. We have enough family photos to recognise her instantly. She is standing at the back in the wedding photo and on the right in the older photo. We know for a fact also the other older lady (L) is her sister Nellie. She actually was quite fair, while Minnie was olive skinned. Anyway, I am sure with all the info gleaned from this discussion, we may be able to eventually identify the seated lady. Unfortunately at this stage we have no other photos of the gent. The main thing I wanted was a rough idea on date range and your insights have helped with this so thank you  :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 January 23 11:32 GMT (UK) »
As you are sure they are both Minnie, I'll just add this to show how people's facial features can change over the years.

Offline Grotto77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family Photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 05 February 23 09:45 GMT (UK) »
It looks like the lady sitting down is wearing gloves.