Author Topic: Hello I’m new to Rootschat  (Read 706 times)

Offline AngelaF67

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello I’m new to Rootschat
« on: Monday 30 January 23 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello my name is Angela and I've just joined your fabulous forum, I have been busy reading the beginners chats and have already found a wealth of information that will help me as I wander through my family tree.

I've only been searching for 6 months seriously but I first started many years ago when I sent out a questionnaire to all the adults in my family which at that time was about 10 questionnaires, sadly I only got back 3, mum, dad and grandma. The rest just ignored my requests for help.

So I lost interest and put all my ideas and information away only to dig it our some 20 years or more later when all but my mum are left, and we had no idea what happened to anyone else, we weren't a close family with aunts and uncles like some people are.

Anyway I’m getting along nicely with a brick wall here and there and I’m so happy to have found this forum, it’s brilliant although my initial though was oh my goodness there’s so much stuff on here, it blew my mind  :)

I’m mainly researching the following families, Foxcroft from Lancashire and Skipton, Atkinsons from Lancashire and the Nutters from Lancashire, Alice Whittaker Nutter is my 11th great grandmother and was one of the Pendle witches. I've roughly proved the relationship on my tree on Ancestry and I’m now going back over everything to confirm relationships and adding as much information as I can.

I look forward to getting to know people on the forum and to learning from you all, have a great week and thank you for letting me join your forum.

Regards
Angela x :)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I’m new to Rootschat
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 23 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat! :D

Have fun here - you'll soon get the hang of things.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 23 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Welcome, Angela  :)

I became very interested in the Pendle witches many years ago and recognised your mention of Alice Nutter. Those days were brutal. Somewhere I have some photos of the  Pendle Hill area that I took when I was down that way. 

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 23 22:46 GMT (UK) »
welcome to Rootschat !

You`ll enjoy it !

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 January 23 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Angela.

You will find plenty of people here to help you whenever you get stuck. :)
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 January 23 23:17 GMT (UK) »
A warm welcome from me Angela. Thanks for sharing your story and your surname interests. It a very busy and friendly forum where we all help each where we can.
If you have any old photos that need repairing or dating, Take a look at the Photo Restoration and Dating Board that's where you will find Gadget, myself and others who practice our hobby.
Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask for help.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 23 23:57 GMT (UK) »
I've just found this thread that Angela may find interesting:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=785998.0

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes - welcome to this site.
I have found the rootschat family to be very helpful with all sorts of queries. Don't be afraid to ask questions and you may find your research can help someone else as well.
Jackie

Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline pjs12

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Angela and welcome to Rootschat where you will find friendly and very helpful members.

As Treetotal mentioned take a look at the photo restoration forum where you will see the fantastic work our members do with old photographs.

Happy hunting and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Ian
Johnstone,Forgan,Barran,Elliott,Normington,Davies,Marshall,Longbottom,Rusby