Author Topic: UKRAINE. Mychojs Iwaniw  (Read 532 times)

Offline Stacey.tree31

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
UKRAINE. Mychojs Iwaniw
« on: Tuesday 31 January 23 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Looking to find the parents of Mychojs Iwaniw (also known as Mychas) born in 1929 in Kiev Ukraine. He emigrated to England. His last known Residence was 1945 in Haunsfeld, Eichstatt, Germany. He married Dorothy Morgan in 1952 in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England. Family think he came to England when he was 16 years old and was possibly previously split from his family.
This is all the information i have on him unfortunately. Thank you.

Online manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: UKRAINE. Mychojs Iwaniw
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 11:19 GMT (UK) »
I'm confused! Haunsfeld, Eichstätt is in Bavaria in Southern Germany.

I take it you're looking for a birth entry for Mychojs  to get the names of his parents.

I haven't found anything online. Read through the link below to consider your next steps:

https://lvivecotour.com/family-search-ukraine/how-to-find-old-family-records-in-ukraine/

Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline Stacey.tree31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. My apoligies for the confusion of address. looks like he moved from ukraine to germany then. His family seem to think they went to a camp. i will look at the link. Thank you.

Online manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Your reference to him in Haunsfeld is the Registration of Foreigners and German Persecutees in the American Zone in 1945. His nationality is shown as Russian with his usual place of residence as Ukraine. It gives his DOB as 16/03/1929.

I don't know if you can see the link below?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01s2w/
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 February 23 09:42 GMT (UK) »
are you sure he didn't come to England as a Prisoner of War in 1946 ?

my father in law was Ostap Kabluckyj b 1927 in Rohatyn,Ukraine - Ukraine was invaded by Russia and during WW2 when the Germans went in to russia - the Ukranians fought FOR THE GERMANS as they wanted the Russsians out of their country - my father in law enrolled with this regiment -

The 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician), known as the 14th SS-Volunteer Division "Galicia" prior to 1944, was a World War II German military formation made up predominantly of military volunteers with a Ukrainian ethnic background from the area of Galicia, later also with some Slovaks.
my father in law came with 46,000 Ukranian POW's to England in 1946 - he worked 3 years faming before he was given his freedom  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 February 23 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Looking to find the parents of Mychojs Iwaniw (also known as Mychas) born in 1929 in Kiev Ukraine. He emigrated to England. His last known Residence was 1945 in Haunsfeld, Eichstatt, Germany. He married Dorothy Morgan in 1952 in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England. Family think he came to England when he was 16 years old and was possibly previously split from his family.
This is all the information i have on him unfortunately. Thank you.

I wonder if this is his brother ???

Wolodmymyr  Iwaniw
Born 23 July 1921 - Ukraine
Deceased 18 September 1995 - Bedford, Bedfordshire, England, aged 74 years old

Spouses
Married in July 1955, Bedford, Bedfordshire, to Mary Rose Donnelly 1930-2010...
 ???  tree owner is a George Scott
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Susan Blackstone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 February 23 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Perhaps Mychojs Iwaniw was in a similar situation to my father Iwan Iwanyk who was in his mid teens. He was from the  west of Ukraine in a small village which was under Poland. With the Russians coming, he and others from the village were taken to labour camps and worked for the Germans.  When liberated by the Americans he chose to settle in Great Britain and worked in forestry for a time in Scotland.  The workers lived in a camp.  He then moved to Bolton to work in the cotton mills.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 February 23 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Perhaps Mychojs Iwaniw was in a similar situation to my father Iwan Iwanyk who was in his mid teens. He was from the  west of Ukraine in a small village which was under Poland. With the Russians coming, he and others from the village were taken to labour camps and worked for the Germans.  When liberated by the Americans he chose to settle in Great Britain and worked in forestry for a time in Scotland.  The workers lived in a camp.  He then moved to Bolton to work in the cotton mills.
Correct Susan - my father in law told us that there is an 11 mile wide stretch of country that has been  Poland- Ukraine-Poland Ukraine - currently Ukraine  ..his town is Rohatyn in Ukraine  / Rogatyn in Polish