Author Topic: Current Covid vaccine programme to end in mid- February...  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Current Covid vaccine programme to end in mid- February...
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 26 April 23 23:51 BST (UK) »
I hope you were able to play golf, OB.

THis was my 6th  jab but I've suffered more with this vaccine (Sanofi-GSK) than  either of the previous ones that I've had - Pfizer and Moderna. 

The day after, the area around the injection became quite swollen, red and ached. This eventually returned to normal yesterday. On Sunday I developed a really bad headache on the left side and problems with my eyes. I've taken paracetamol since then. It seems to be reducing now, thank goodness.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jackella

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 27 April 23 10:15 BST (UK) »
Had my 6th jab yesterday afternoon.  Arm feels a touch sore and my temperature seems a little unstable otherwise ok so far.

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 27 April 23 10:47 BST (UK) »
Had my Covid vaccine on Saturday.  No problems with my arm, but by the Monday I was suffering from a sore throat and headache.  Since then throat still sore and a nasty cough has developed.  I feel totally lacking in energy and I'm sleeping badly.  Could this be a reaction to the jab or have I just picked up a nasty germ from somewhere?  Just crawled to the supermarket early this morning, wearing a mask, and got round as speedily as I could muster to avoid passing it on..
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 27 April 23 10:52 BST (UK) »
Which vaccine did you have , Gillg?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 27 April 23 11:01 BST (UK) »
My patient record says it was called VidPrevtyn, which I was told was some sort of combination of the old and new drugs.  From what was said earlier this is the Sanofi-GSK vaccine.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 27 April 23 11:01 BST (UK) »
I had my 6th vaccination last week - Sanofi - and no problems at all, thank goodness.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 27 April 23 11:10 BST (UK) »
Gillg, VidPrevtyn  is the same as I had (and BumbleB.)

We were told to expect more intense reactions than previous jabs with this one. OH had very few, I had the problems that I mentioned.  They are receding though.

I believe they are giving this one because it's better for older people who are likely to have reduced immunity.

If you don't improve soon, You could contact your GP or 111.

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 27 April 23 11:19 BST (UK) »
Being housebound, the vaccination  was done at home. I had the Sanofi 48 hours ago, I had to ask if it was done because I didn't feel the even slightest prick. The I njection site was tender when I lay on that side last night, but no swelling or inflammation. But today I feel  completely washed out and am having a job to stay awake.  I hope the lethargy soon wears off.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 27 April 23 11:37 BST (UK) »
I had a text yesterday from my surgery inviting me to book my booster.... Just one problem I tested positive for Covid Tuesday of last week caught from my son who lives at home, we think he caught it from a work colleague. Neither of us have had Covid before. My other two visiting children tested positive the same day as me, all of us have tested negative in the last day or so. I did phone the surgery and they have told me to ring again in a fortnight to see if any further dates have been added for jabs as I have to wait 28 days before I can have it.