Author Topic: Bridget McIvor nee Kerr death record  (Read 1383 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget McIvor nee Kerr death record
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 04 February 23 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Catherine's marriage?

JOHN GRENARY and KATE MCIVOR
500 / 35
New or East Kilpatrick

Ireland in 1901 www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Ballykeel/Ballyveaghbeg/1234559/

Then her death in 1924?

Was there anything of note re her mother on these docs?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 February 23 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Catherine's marriage?

JOHN GRENARY and KATE MCIVOR
500 / 35
New or East Kilpatrick

Ireland in 1901 www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Ballykeel/Ballyveaghbeg/1234559/

Then her death in 1924?

Was there anything of note re her mother on these docs?

Monica

Hi Monica

I have had a looked and asked my family members if we have a marriage certificate for Catherine and none of us can find one. Only the text version of who was married and when.

Marriage 28 Dec 1888 Milngavie. I can see if the local historical society has the RC church records.

We do have the attached though. Seems like the name Bridget was used always until Marys death, how annoying!

Many thanks.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 February 23 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Just one note. Always best to look at the statutory record rather than the RC parish entry (although good to have both if you can  ;)). The reason being that you will normally find more information recorded on the statutory registers.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 February 23 18:57 GMT (UK) »
I have to admit I have made no headway in finding a death entry for Bridget so far  :-\

Also failed to find the two daughters (and Bridget again  ::)) on the 1881 census. Given their ages by then, they could well have been working by now.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 February 23 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Just had a look at Kate McIver's marriage from 1888. Once again, the name Elizabeth (in this case Betty) pops up as her mother's name...

Did Bridget have the middle name of Elizabeth I wonder?

The 1891 census for Mary McIver Mooney, has any of the family viewed the original given Ancestry at least showed:

Elizabeth McIoor 50 Sister, Servant Domestic b. Ireland

If this was Bridget, at the very least she should show as sister in law not sister to Hugh (relationship is always given to head of household on the censuses).

Monica

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 05 February 23 19:42 GMT (UK) »
The 1891 census for Mary McIver Mooney, has any of the family viewed the original given Ancestry at least showed:
If this was Bridget, at the very least she should show as sister in law not sister to Hugh (relationship is always given to head of household on the censuses).
I quoted a better transcription in Reply#8 yesterday, but I agree that you need to look at the original document.

Elizabeth McIvor, widow, sister, aged 50.

If she is Hugh Mooney's sister, then she isn't Bridget Kerr or McIvor, because Bridget Kerr or McIvor was Hugh Mooney's mother-in-law. And she is 22 years old than Hugh Mooney's wife Mary McIvor or Mooney, and (if the date of birth you have for Bridget Kerr or McIvor in 1837 is correct) only 3 years younger than Bridget Kerr or McIvor.

Given that the mother both of Mary McIvor or Mooney and of Catherine McIvor or Grenary is named as Bridget Kerr or McIvor on both their birth certificates and as Elizabeth Kerr or McIvor on both their marriage certificates and both their death certificates, we know that Bridget became Elizabeth at some point.

Is it too much of a leap to conclude that Elizabeth McIvor, aged 50 in 1891, is in fact Bridget Kerr or McIvor, who was 53 on census day 1891?

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 05 February 23 20:09 GMT (UK) »
That is my thinking....however...new possible details do not help so far in finding her death  :-\

No reason from what we have to think she did not die in Scotland, yet her death is not popping up is it! Could she have died in Ireland whilst her daughter Catherine was living there with her family?

Monica

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 05 February 23 21:45 GMT (UK) »
I did have a quick look on www.irishgenealogy.ie where there are one or two possibles but as you probably know the Irish records don't tell you the name of the deceased's spouse, let alone the names of her parents, so it was inconclusive.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 06 February 23 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Just had a look at Kate McIver's marriage from 1888. Once again, the name Elizabeth (in this case Betty) pops up as her mother's name...

Did Bridget have the middle name of Elizabeth I wonder?

Monica

Hi Monica,

Thanks for all your hard work! I am attaching the original document to this message!

Maybe you are right she died in Ireland. I have tried to look at GRONI for a record, lots of Bridget Kerrs but its annoying as i can only search in 5 year increments!

That looks like it could be the right John and Catherine b/c of the street. Ugh! The changing names!

I will keep looking today!