Author Topic: Bridget McIvor nee Kerr death record  (Read 1381 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget McIvor nee Kerr death record
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Have you found and made any contact with the possible second family for Hugh in the US?

Added: See you have made contact and have been able to compare DNA with the American family which is great to have that confirmation.

...Hughs naturalisation petition says 1854 but that was not right as his DNA was fathering his daughters in Scotland (i match for them and also my cousins, Hughs US decendants)!

Hugh's 1910 US census entry in Minnesota is probably more accurate giving 1866 as the year that Hugh arrived in the US (give or take  ::)) www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M2LK-TDX

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget McIvor nee Kerr death record
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 09 February 23 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you found and made any contact with the possible second family for Hugh in the US?

Added: See you have made contact and have been able to compare DNA with the American family which is great to have that confirmation.

...Hughs naturalisation petition says 1854 but that was not right as his DNA was fathering his daughters in Scotland (i match for them and also my cousins, Hughs US decendants)!

Hugh's 1910 US census entry in Minnesota is probably more accurate giving 1866 as the year that Hugh arrived in the US (give or take  ::)) www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M2LK-TDX

Monica

Thanks! I only just found about that site from this thread!