Author Topic: 3 Mary Ann Robinson's (Middle Rasen)  (Read 194 times)

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
3 Mary Ann Robinson's (Middle Rasen)
« on: Saturday 04 February 23 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've had much help from this site before, so hopefully I can get some more.

I'm looking for MARY ANN number 1

Mary Ann Robinson - born to James Robinson and Christiana Pixley, she was baptised 1st January 1837 in Middle Rasen. 

On the 1841 Census she's in Middle Rasen with Christiana, and Christiana's father John Pixley.
 in 1851 it's possible she's the servant to John Miller, also in Middle Rasen.

I lose her after that.

MARY ANN number 2

Mary Ann Robinson born in 1960 to Isaac Robinson and Maria Firth (or Ann Maria Firth on the 1861 Census)

on the 1861 census this family is in Earswick, Yorkshire. I lose her and her mother after this. 

On the 1871 Census Isaac is back in Middle Rasen, I've checked the 1871 Middle Rasen census and they aren't there.

MARY ANN number 3

Born in 1881 to the same Isaac Robinson and his second wife Elizabeth Bonnett (which makes me wonder if the first Mary Ann he had died?)

I follow her through most of her life, marrying William Fisher and John William Woolley.  I think she died in 1965, but I can't find John Woolley's death, or place, which would be most helpful as I try and find her burial spot.

Any help appreciated, especially regards the first 2.

David

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Mary Ann Robinson's (Middle Rasen)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 February 23 15:29 GMT (UK) »
MARY ANN number 2

It looks like Isaac has a new young wife and family in 1881 so presumably is widowed by mid 1870's.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Mary Ann Robinson's (Middle Rasen)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 February 23 15:38 GMT (UK) »
MARY ANN number 2

It looks like Isaac has a new young wife and family in 1881 so presumably is widowed by mid 1870's.

He does have a new wife, but I wouldn't presume he was widowed.  I used to think that but so many turn out to just put that on a marriage certificate so they can get remarried in church, 1 family member did it twice which took me a while to untangle.

It's possible she died, but I can't find a death notice for his wife, and it wouldn't explain where the daughter went.