Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 12 February 2023  (Read 3590 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Diary Summary Week Ending 12 February 2023
« on: Monday 06 February 23 03:41 GMT (UK) »
Beginning of a new week of diary summary and fresh pages for those a few hours behind NZ and Australia to wake up to.

A damp start to our Monday but sun is now shining this afternoon and a cacophany of cicadas and a neighbouring V8 engine running for the last few minutes wafting through the open doors beside me.
Only a slight breeze and fan directed my way, rather a lot of wet and autumnal looking leaves littering our driveway ...

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 12 February 2023
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 23 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Just checking in to keep tabs on the diary

Hope everyone is well

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 23 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Good moaning every one , in the inimitable words the Gendarme extraordinaire , from “  ‘ allo ‘allo “ ,
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How they got away with some of the stuff I do not know!

A bright crisp frosty moaning here ,waiting for son to chuck his bedding down so I can wash it and get it on the line ,if it freezes won’t need much ironing, mind you by the time duvet covers are on they look they have never seen an iron!
I keep thinking I will open the side seams and sew tape and press studs  there ,sooo much easier to get on.
Now that would not be a bother to people in other parts of the world with real problems would  it.

I have two elderly bananas so will make a banana loaf, two fresh also but the really dark ones give a good flavour .
Still no news of my neighbour , can’t quite remember just when she fell,have spoken to her daughter who said she would keep me informed, I had phoned
to offer the key back but told to keep it for now. 
I must get a card to drop in then when daughter comes for post etc she can give it to her mother next time she visits her.

Very sad,we got on well from the very first meeting.
She was standing at her garden gate when I came to view the house.
We were laughing in no time.

Thanks for  the interest in that little stick thingy ,I have no recollection of it at all ,nothing new these days!
Have racked my few remaining brains this morning trying to remember a very dishy French Horn player in The Halle Orchestra,  Maurice Handforth —- he was our heart throb, we went with school to rehearsals at Manchester Free Trade Hall.
It just came to me for no reason at all except perhaps I replied to Philip Searchings post,puns.

Well no sign of washing yet ,he starts early, time zones etc,but I want the afternoon sun .
I know he has been working already for a while but did ask for it on Saturday.!
Daughter phones this evening for a long chat , News if Flash Harry and Baby Kyra,such different children, he quite gentle and amenable but she has determination and a bit of defiance already!
Some interesting times ahead!

Discovered a lovely tea at M&S , Empress Grey , like strong Earl Grey with ,Bergamot ,orange,lemon and a hint of smokey  Lapsang Souchong ——- According to the pack, very refreshing.

Well do I hear the sound of bed linen being taken off?
Hopefully.

By the way this is international news folks, I  cleaned  out the dispenser drawer of my washing machine !!!
Yuk ,what gunge lay beneath ,  then could not get it back,  son helped so all OK.
Well must get on.
Look after yourselves everyone.
Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 23 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, possibly your memory stick has run away with my missing brooch? Off having virtual adventures together? I've hunted everywhere for my item - all i can imagine, even having explored the washing machine filter drawer, is that it slipped off a surface where I often lodged it, into a waste bin that my OH thoughtfully emptied the day after I last recall using it! Ah well, ST A may not help either of us!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 February 23 12:15 GMT (UK) »
I know this feeling that things run away from you.  I have a small camera which I take on holiday, but on our return lives in a drawer in my "office".  I searched high and low for it - in the camper, all the drawers in the house, etc. etc. etc.  I found it yesterday - in the bag I keep all the holiday electrical connections.  It has now been returned to its normal location when we are at home.  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 February 23 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I’m still missing a gadget that you use to take staples out of papers. I remember putting it ‘up high’ , away from the grandchildren as it has sharp ends to it, but I’ve checked all the ‘ up high’ places and no sign as yet.
Currently looking after a very spotty granddaughter age 2 who has chicken pox. Her middle brother had it over 2 weeks ago so we thought she might have escaped it , but it’s here with a vengeance now. At least hopefully now she won’t get it when she starts school but I gather you can get it more than once. I didn’t get it until I was 14!
North East of England

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 February 23 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Beautiful day here but still very cold….. yesterday went bonkers cleaning outside sills,washing kitchen floor etc etc…

Good job I went to Pilates this morning to stretch and loosen up all those places that were stiff from yesterday and Saturdays gardening exploits.

Don’t talk about loosing things I’m a dab hand at ‘putting it in a safe place’ and then no idea which place that it 😂😂.
Spent at least 15 mins this morning looking for my non slip socks I wear for Pilates then found them in the bag with my mat, ball etc… daft idiot I am.
I’ve ‘Lost’ no end of garden implements.. probably thrown away or lost amongst plants never to be found again!

Well ironing awaits will watch something on the iPad to create a distraction …

Have a good day all

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 February 23 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, stay calm - and celebrate for me.
Went into room rarely used today, casually opened box on window sill, for some reason - no idea why -lifted out a plastic bag of spare christmas tree light bulbs that didn't fit new lights at Christmas, that I'd thought I'd thrown out - and there, lurking out of sight, below that and assorted other junk, was that brooch!!! I'm sure I'd not been in that box for ages, since before Christmas, at least!
..... So let's hope that your missing item turns up, too.
My mum used to say "It's always in the last place you look" to be greeted by a chorus from me and my Dad of "Of course... because when you've found it you stop looking!"
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 February 23 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations, TY  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY