Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 12 February 2023  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 12 February 2023
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Just to say I am still around and catching up on threads I missed.   Have some health issues at the moment and just returned home after spending 2 weeks at my sisters.   Couldn't remember my password for Rootschat so unable to keep up with what's been happening.

Apart from the usual health issues I've finally admitted that I am suffering from depression, an aftermath of the pandemic.   So in uncharted waters right now.   Would just like to feel 'normal' again.

Longing for better weather when one can sit outside again.  Have always hated winter which gets worse as I get older - so hate the cold.

Enough of my moaning.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Annette, so sorry you are suffering, take care and look after yourself,  surround yourself with positive  people, it does help

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Annette, I hate winter, too. The dark nights, the wet and the chill really get to me.
But I'm not much good in heat, either.
-Cool, temperate maritime, that's me.
Hope you're soon feeling better.
Just spent a lovely afternoon unjamming a paper shredder - why does everyone leave it to me??
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Annette, I - and others- have very much enjoyed your upbeat posts and you have lifted us many times , so now I feel very sure they with me hope you soon feel much better.
So many people have been deeply affected by Covid  and the lockdown, and subsequent depression is very  frequently mentioned.
Sincere good wishes to you.
A day at a time , no pressure on yourself and as you are very sensible you will already know keeping busy is so good for when worried or down in spirits.

I know depression is more than that ,but that black tunnel has a light at the end ,it might not be obvious just yet but will be and I ,only one amongst many others hope that comes  soon.
Kindest regards, and thankyou for sharing , a very positive move.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Wouldn't  say I am one of these SAD  people but nice bright days make everyone  feel so much better,  I did at one time thinking of buying one of tbe lights to help but didn't bother in the end .

Where are you today Viktoria?, oops, you have just turned up

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I had been wondering where you were Annette as haven’t seen you on the quiz page either… so sorry to hear that your suffering and also been poorly.

As you know your RC friends are all rooting for you and hope that sometimes we can make you smile or have a giggle.

This time of year is always hard with dark days, dull skies but at least lately they have been bluer with some sunshine and every day you notice a few more spring flowers poking their heads out and you know that there are better times to come.

I hope that those two little darling girls of yours can bring you some joy too.

Here’s a story that I hope will make smile.. I help my friend whose health is suffering with shopping by ordering bits from Tesco for her, a couple of weeks ago they had offers of 5 for price 4.. so she ordered some packs of battered chicken and some bags of chips…
so when the delivery driver came with 5 bags of 1.7 kg chips we commented on that they must eat nothing else… well when I reread her message it was 4 bags chicken and 1 bag of chips to make up the 5 for 4.. 😬😬😳😳… opps!
When I told her what I’d done we had a good laugh and I kept 2 bags ( I don’t buy chips I make my own 😂) and she had 3 bags some for her Mum too…

Lesson… must read more carefully next time…

TY, I always get that job too.. recently cleared our shredder out and it went all over the carpet!

Take care of yourself Annette and everyone else too… noticed we’ve not seen Roobarb for some time either….

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Annette, hope you feel better soon, your weather is bound to improve with Spring on the way.

Awfully sad watching the devastation in Turkey and Syria, will send something to the Red Cross, I trust that organization will use donations sensibly, they know what they are doing.

There was a mild earthquake the same day not far from where my daughters live, the epicentre was on the US side of the border, but felt through the Golden Horseshoe” of southern Ontario. My second daughter thought her furnace had blown up, this was just after 6 A.M., she ran down to the basement but everything was okay.  My other daughter didn’t feel anything, she has a crawl space basement so that may be why.

Went out to do my grocery shopping at the “superstore” yesterday, just exhausting, and I forgot to get the one thing I wanted there, as my local smaller store doesn’t have them (yogurt raisins).  On the way I was almost hit by a city vehicle, a car, that came out of the library parking lot, and then to avoid hitting me went into the turning lane for oncoming traffic.  I was very rattled but did manage to hit the horn!

Older daughter’s birthday today, had a good chat, will go down there next week, appointments and other things are postponing the trip or I would have gone on Saturday.  Phoned my brother too as his birthday was at the end of January but they were on a cruise in the Caribbean.

Going to do salmon tonight, one of my favourites.  OH did a good meat loaf last night, we can have more of that tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Very best wishes to you Annette.
North East of England

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 08 February 23 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Annette, I found that I felt better when I lived in places that let in more light.  Easier when I was renting as I could move, but it really did affect me.  I suppose lighting or painting could help. Not sure if these are good suggestions.
I had an English pen pal who had been in the army and had successive winters and still dreaded winter. He is part Aussie so I sent him a retro cushion that said Australia with a burst of sun rays around it. I thought it was like sending some Aussie sun.
The fifth COVID vaccine is becoming available this month to those over eighteen in Australia.
Hope RTL is okay and not working too hard.
Best wishes to everyone.