Author Topic: Edouard Noel and Elizabeth Noel - St. Martin of Jersey  (Read 137 times)

Offline MartinGoyette23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edouard Noel and Elizabeth Noel - St. Martin of Jersey
« on: Tuesday 07 February 23 02:35 GMT (UK) »
Good evening everyone,

My ancestor Edouard Noel was born on May 31st, 1772 in the parish of St. Martin of Jersey. He is the son of Edouard and Elisabeth Noel who were married in the same parish on July 7th, 1771. I also found another marriage record in the same parish for Edouard and Elisabeth Noel on January 28th, 1776. I am not sure if it is the same couple, but it could be a rehabilitated marriage although it is really uncommon. On both marriage records, it says that Edouard and Elisabeth Noel are from St. Martin, but it doesn't say anything else. Elisabeth died on October 27th, 1802 in the same parish and she is said to be the widow of Edouard.

The records are available on Ancestry, but sadly they hardly give any information. The name of the parents are missing, the age at death or at the marriage is not indicated and the wife's name is not written on the burial records of the men.

I tried looking for a birth record of Edouard, but there are at least 9 Edouard Noel born in St. Martin between 1736 and 1755.

If someone could help me find any kind of records (e.g. marriage contracts, civil records, notarial records or military records) that could give information on their parents and ancestors, it would be really appreciated.

Best regards,

Martin

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edouard Noel and Elizabeth Noel - St. Martin of Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 23 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello and welcome on Rootschat

Someone else searched this couple (10 years ago, you might try to PM him or her)

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=619498.msg4680659#msg4680659

Offline MartinGoyette23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edouard Noel and Elizabeth Noel - St. Martin of Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 February 23 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joger,

Thank you. I will try to contact this person, but I am not sure I wil get an answer, since he/she was last connected in 2020.