Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 19 February 2023  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 19 February 2023
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 19 February 23 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Well, pride goeth before a fall!
Yesterday roasting a chicken, did a mix of butter,thyme , black pepper and lemon juice.
The butter did not cream very well, but carried on regardless .
To be brief, it all looked odd when the chicken was done and resting .
Got some more “ butter” to cream into the mash ,funny!
Then it dawned,I had mixed up a lump of butter, with a lump of cheese ,both in foil !!!
So all that swanking about seeing well enough to see and knit  ::)
Actually it did not make the chicken uneatable.

Finally got news from Edinburgh Police re the person who is not responding,their computer is down and being hard of hearing cannot really
phone .
Well they are O.K I am pleased to say.

Another week gone by,pancakes on Tuesday !

Had visit from lady who is almost totally blind and very deaf and her daughter has just bought a house in the Lake District, I feel so sorry for her, how she will manage I can’t  think.

Grand daughter phoned to apologise for not phoning earlier in the week.
She has a viral infection in her salivary glands .
Face all puffed up.
She was very worried as she had extensive surgery on her jaw, she was absorbing her chin bone ,like Princess Anne and Gail in Coronation Street.
Some was grafted from elsewhere ,her face was almost turned inside out as a crescent shaped piece of bone was grafted .I can’t remember the exact details now, it must be ten years ago.
It was healing nicely and she was getting out and about again when an old friend met her,a big lad, who knew nothing of the surgery ,he got her chin and waggled it in a friendly gesture !!!! She heard a crunch ,so went straight back to Fairfield Hospital and was XRayed  immediately .
He drove her.
It was O,K. But if it ever goes wrong not sure what more could be done .
She is nice looking but has to be so thorough with mouth hygiene , it is a wonder the viral infection has affected her.

Well an earlier night I think , I wake at about five, turn over then back as I don ‘t breathe very well on my left side and don’t wake up until about nine!
Hope everyone is sleeping well ,it is a blessing if we can.
Viktoria.