Author Topic: John Stewart and.Janet Reid  (Read 279 times)

Offline Girlfriday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Stewart and.Janet Reid
« on: Monday 13 February 23 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I am researching John Stewart b 1852 in Balblair Ross and Cromarty.He married Janet(Jannet) Reid b1753. Possible marriage avoch.Trying to find.a marriage So I can find her parents. Any help greatly aporeciated.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Stewart and.Janet Reid
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 23 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Could you please check and correct birth years for both parties to confirm which century we are looking at.
I am researching John Stewart b 1852 in Balblair Ross and Cromarty.He married Janet(Jannet) Reid b1753. Possible marriage avoch.Trying to find.a marriage So I can find her parents. Any help greatly aporeciated.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 23 11:00 GMT (UK) »
If the marriage was pre Statutory Registration in 1855, the record is unlikely to name the parents.

As Neale posted the dates need to be clarified but where did the dates you mention come from?

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 February 23 17:20 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at both sets of records (with various options) for Avoch but couldn't see them. I might have overlooked a suggestion but not all of the pre-1855 records have survived.

PS - for parents' names if they married pre-1855 it might be better to look for  post-1855 deaths - not always accurate though.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Girlfriday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 February 23 20:10 GMT (UK) »
My mistake John Stewart was baptised in 1752 in resolis.His first born child was Vector baptised in Resolis on February 1774. Janet and John probably married  some time before that. Have never found a marriage for them either. Very few records exist for Resolis but Janet and John could have married anywhere near future

Offline Girlfriday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 February 23 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the confusion but having trouble with my computer .Should have been Hector not Vector. Thanks to everyone for replying.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 February 23 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Sounds like you have the names of John's parents and it is just Janet's you are looking for?

If this is so, what were John's parents' names? How did you come to his birth year being circa 1752 and birth place as Balblair, Resolis?

There are 6 children showing for John and Janet that I can see in the OPRs. . These are showing in the Resolis OPRs. Sure you have these but just adding here for additional info:

1774 Hector
1776 Isobel
1778 Katherine
1780 David
1782 Charles
1785 William

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk