Author Topic: DANIEL HUMPHREYS, possibly of Llandisilio  (Read 178 times)

Offline Alwyn47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DANIEL HUMPHREYS, possibly of Llandisilio
« on: Monday 13 February 23 21:46 GMT (UK) »
DANIEL HUMPHREYS married MINAH DORWAS(?) of Guilsfield in 1756. I can find no further reference to MINAH, though DANIEL was a witness to his daughter ELIZABETH'S wedding in 1813. I'd be grateful for any information on MINAH, and on DANIEL after 1813. Many Thanks.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: DANIEL HUMPHREYS, possibly of Llandisilio
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 February 23 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Most reocrds have her as Derwas, including the marriage bond, which might have more information:-
Humphreys, Daniel, Guilsfield, Montgomeryshire to Derwas, Minah, Llandysilio, Montgomeryshire: 1756 Jun 23.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01s40/

There is a burial record:-
Minah Humphreys buried on 10 Oct 1782 in Meifod
Next of kin: Daniel

Daniel

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 23 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth HUMPRHEYS to John ELLIS   Marriage   14 May 1813   Merionethshire   Pennal : St Peter Ad Vincula : Parish Register
Both of the parish. Banns. Consent of Parents, Witnesses Daniel HUMPHREY & Ellis JONES

Daniel HUMPHREY Burial 1 May 1814   Merionethshire   Pennal : St Peter Ad Vincula :
Parish Register

Notes on freereg:   Abode Cwrt, Towyn. Age not recorded

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Alwyn47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 February 23 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Daniel & Colin - thank you both for your replies.

I must assume MINAH DERWAS is not the mother of ELIZABETH ELLIS/HUMPHREYS (my GGG-grandmother) as I have ELIZABETH born circa 1789, after the death of MINAH (1782). DANIEL HUMPHREYS does fit into the equation (as Colin said), as he was a witness to the wedding of ELIZABETH & JOHN ELLIS (1813). If I could absolutely tie up the birth day, or baptism, of ELIZABETH, and it was circa or prior to 1782, it would make sense, otherwise I can only add DANIEL to the family tree. I'll keep searching.

Once again, many thanks.