Author Topic: Surname KLANETTA.Which country does it come from?  (Read 508 times)

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Surname KLANETTA.Which country does it come from?
« on: Tuesday 14 February 23 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have come across the surname Klanetta ( or Klaretta) in my genealogical researches. A woman called Rebecca in the early years ot the last century , in Paris.
I guess she or her parents came from another country , but my search on the web was unsucessful.

Has someone ever met this surname ?

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Surname KLANETTA.Which country does it come from?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 23 10:00 GMT (UK) »
There don't seem to be many Klanettas about!

I'm sure you've looked at geneanet already, which shows the most found places for the name KLANETTA:

Wienalservorstadtkrankenhaus, Vienna, Austria
(2 individuals)

Paris, Paris, France
(2 individuals)

Lovasberény, Fejér, Hungary
(1 individuals)

https://en.geneanet.org/surnames/KLANETTA
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 23 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks manukarik,

The parisian Klanetta is mine (same person Rebecca Klanetta ).

Yes I already have seen Geneanet anf FS .

Is Klanetta so rare as a surname  ?

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 February 23 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I've just seen the name Klaneta in Poland. Any clues joger with unusual first names that could help in working out where the name is from?

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 23 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I have Austro-Hungarian at the back of my mind, but trying to find something to confirm that! Rebecca's husband, Hermann Schwartz was a tailor. I have seen a census entry in 1931 for a Herman Schwartz in Paris 11e--Roquette, aged 68 married to Anna. He was a tailor and both were born in Russia. I'm wondering whether it's worth checking Jewish archives to see if anything comes up?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Not trying to confuse you - but quite a few Lanetta in Italy ???   could your record be a mistranscription ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for your interest and help manukarik and garstonite.
Don't think I ´m rude or not having answered sooner , I could not access my computer. And just now I have to go , I will give some more info this afternoon.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks joger. You have me intrigued and I'd like to help you get to the bottom of this! My posts may not always be helpful, but I want to bump your post so that hopefully you'll get to the bottom of this. I keep seeing klaneta (with one 't') appear in Slavic posts about musical instruments or as Klánetta.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 18:15 GMT (UK) »
The person who led me to Hermann Schwartz and Rebecca Klanetta is their daughter Rosa born 30 october 1902 in Paris 76 rue de Picpus 12ème arrondissement (witnesses Meyer, Dreyfus and Wolf).But the parents were living rue Feutrier, 18ème arr. The witnesses are said to live 76 rue de Picpus.

Hermann, a tailor, was 35 and Rebecca 24.
Rosa was placed in foster care in the village of Sablonnières ( Seine et Marne), the parents were now living 15 rue des Trois frères , 18ème arrondissement.
On the 17 th of may 1903 the foster mother declared at Sablonnieres's municipal authorities that she wanted to abandon the child because the parents did not pay her the last 3 months ( it means that Rosa was with her since at least the middle of february).
On the 22d of may 1903 Rosa became an assisted child of Paris ( the parents could not be found, having moved and did not give their new address) and 4 days later was sent in the village called Mazerier , in Auvergne, where she married and died.

Rosa's file ( which I have read)  contains a touching letter  written in french in which the father explains his money trouble (lost his job , had to send his wife Rebecca to her parents's home( without saying where Rebecca's parents lived ) in order to try to get better ,with " the other child" because the doctors said she could die if she stays in Paris, promisses to send his new address, but apparently didn't. In this file Rebecca 's surname is Klaretta.

The other child was Maurice born 5 september 1901 ,76 rue de Picpus , 12ème arrondissement , the parents living 3 rue de la Reynie 4ème arron.
Hermann, a tailor, was 39 , Rebecca Klanetta was 22. Witnesses Meyer and Wolf ( same persons at Rosa's birth, and Ginsburger).
The witnesses are said to live 76 rue de Picpus .Who were the witnesses for Rebecca and Hermann ?
Family ?

You see that I have may questions about this couple .