Author Topic: Mullaghbrack Mohill Leitrim  (Read 777 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mullaghbrack Mohill Leitrim
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 March 23 18:11 GMT (UK) »
When Mary Carney died (18 Feb 1973) she was living in Coolbawn, formerly of Mullaghbrack and the admin of her estate was granted to Bridget McGovern the same name as the informant on Rose's death, she may be related.
Page 68
http://nai.adlibhosting.com/files/Courts/High%20Court/Probate%20Office/Will%20Calendars/Calendar%20of%20grants%20of%20probate%20of%20wills%20and%20letters%20of%20administration%201973.pdf

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 March 23 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Bridget McGovern Coolebawn died 1998 doesn't look like she was married and appears to have come from Mullaghmore Ballyconnell.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elwyn

Offline murphies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 March 23 18:30 GMT (UK) »
I am going to have an interesting day tomorrow going through all this info so many thanks .

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 March 23 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Marriage for a Catherine Carney, daughter of Michael. Married Michael McLaughlin. So a possible sibling for your Michael and perhaps John:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1884/10892/5978753.pdf

His townland Tullyoran.
Elwyn

Offline murphies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 20 March 23 03:28 GMT (UK) »
Have a family to follow which hopefully offer up some info thank you once again.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline murphies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 March 23 08:15 GMT (UK) »
All i know from my late father when he lived with the Carney family 1930+and still in contact with them 1960s was they use to walk from the farm down the lane to the pub and they had a servant.
Not much i know but never asked questions years ago wish i had.
Thankyou to everyone who is giving me info to follow spending today going through it all and hopefully piece it all together.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 20 March 23 09:22 GMT (UK) »
If you are trying to locate the farm, then it’s possible to do that using the Valuation Revision records in the Valuation Office in Dublin. (Not on-line yet so you need to go to the Valuation Office or contact them to see if they’ll help. There may be a fee). Those records will show the plot number in the townland, and you can then compare that with the plot numbers on the maps on the Griffiths Valuation site. (Your family weren’t listed there in 1857, so appear to have acquired the farm sometime later). You can switch between the 1870s map and a modern one, and it has a satellite view as well.

The 1911 census also gives you some information about the farm. Walls were brick or stone, roof was slate or tiles, there were 3 rooms and 4 windows at the front. There were 7 outbuildings: a stable, cowhouse, calf house, dairy, piggery, barn & a shed.
Elwyn