Author Topic: Edward Thresh conflicting date 1719/1720 Featherstone  (Read 174 times)

Offline AlgarvePete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Grandad Harry and 3 of my uncles.
    • View Profile
Edward Thresh conflicting date 1719/1720 Featherstone
« on: Wednesday 15 February 23 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, Edward Thresh baptism Featherstone 14 Jan 1719, 14 Feb 1720 father John Thresh many trees have him but nobody seems to cite the original, would be great if anyone has access to the copy of the original to clarify dates. Thanks, Pete
P.S. He died June 1803 age given as 83.
Mainly researching the Lees from Herts but also compiling a one name study of Culverhouse

Online GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Thresh conflicting date 1719/1720 Featherstone
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 12:26 GMT (UK) »
This is probably the effect of the old Julian calendar when the new year began on 25th March.

So Julian calendar 1719; Gregorian (modern) date 1720. They were one and the same day.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline AlgarvePete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Grandad Harry and 3 of my uncles.
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Thresh conflicting date 1719/1720 Featherstone
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, I should have realised, I have the parish records for Marr and all the earlier dates start and finish on Lady's Day. Doh  :)
Mainly researching the Lees from Herts but also compiling a one name study of Culverhouse