Author Topic: Builders in New Zealand working on the Bailey Home  (Read 644 times)

Offline mackaa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Builders in New Zealand working on the Bailey Home
« on: Saturday 18 February 23 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
Would appreciate some touch ups on attached
Thanks in advance
Melanie

Offline mackaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Builders in New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 23 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Please cancel this request.  I lodged it very early today NZ time - am still waiting for a moderator to approve.  I do not want to waste anyone's time so am letting you know that I have received a wonderful reply from another forum.
Thanks everyone - but not the moderator
Kind regards
Melanie

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Builders in New Zealand working on the Bailey Home
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 23 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Oh that's a shame, well Sarah is the only one who approves the photos and like the rest of us, enjoys weekends off.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 23 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Please cancel this request.  I lodged it very early today NZ time - am still waiting for a moderator to approve.  I do not want to waste anyone's time so am letting you know that I have received a wonderful reply from another forum.
Kind regards
Melanie

The time that you posted it (19.21 on 18/2 )  to the time that you made you last post (07.35  on 19/02 ) covered our night time. I don't think that you would expect volunteers to do a night shift.

Very sad.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 February 23 17:03 GMT (UK) »
here is my attempt...first one original restoration..second one faces enhancement

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 February 23 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Kind regards
Melanie

The time that you posted it (19.21 on 18/2 )  to the time that you made you last post (07.35  on 19/02 ) covered our night time. I don't think that you would expect volunteers to do a night shift.

Very sad.

Gadget

Well said, It is your choice to have your photo restored elsewhere, but I think that your criticism is unfair.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Uhnnohn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 February 23 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Is it wrong to still use this for practice?
If so, I will delete it.

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 February 23 05:51 GMT (UK) »
Well...full support to OP here, please remove my restoration, I don't know how to do it, I never see such a respectful form like this one, Majority restores here like a big family

Offline mackaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 February 23 09:22 GMT (UK) »
I think you have all misjudged me.  I posted the notice saying I had the restoration done elsewhere to save all your time.  I did not want you spending time on fixing up my photo when I had already had it done.  Simple courtesy in my opinon.
Regards your comments about the time difference - members of Rootschat are not only based in the UK - they are all around the world as I am.  If there is only one moderator - who is based in the UK - to approve photographs posted then this should be advertised on the forum. Or other moderators shoud be appointed around the world.
I have used many forums on Rootschat before and never had any problems with time differences. Including the photograph restoration service. 
I apologise to anyone I have offended.
Melanie