Author Topic: Presbyterian Marriage Bushmills or Bog Hill  (Read 194 times)

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Presbyterian Marriage Bushmills or Bog Hill
« on: Sunday 19 February 23 03:53 GMT (UK) »
I am after information on my 3rd Great Grandfather "James McFall" who died in 1864

My second Great Grandmother "Mary Ann McFall" born  about 1837 to James McFall and Mary O'Kane

There was a " Daniel McFall" born 1848 to "James McFall and Eliza Wallace"

So I am after the marriages of "James McFall" before 1848. He was a Presbyterian and lived around
Bushmills or Bog Hill

Regards
Nc 

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Presbyterian Marriage Bushmills or Bog Hill
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 23 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Records for non Catholic  marriages from early 1845 onward should be on IrishGenealogy website,to search earlier records for Presbyterian churches in the area, if any are available, you would probably have to visit PRONI

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Presbyterian Marriage Bushmills or Bog Hill
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 23 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Statutory marriage registration for non RC marriages began 1st April 1845.  The McFall – Wallace marriage is not listed and so must have been before that date.  As mentioned already the relevant records may not be on-line. They may be in PRONI.

Tradition was to marry in the bride’s church, so not necessarily the same church children were later baptised in. And not necessarily the same denomination either. 

PRONI’s guide to church records tells you what they have parish by parish. Parishes of Billy & Dunluce for Bushmills.
Elwyn