Author Topic: 1914 burial Look Up please if possible.  (Read 460 times)

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 burial Look Up please if possible.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 10:15 GMT (UK) »
I made an error in my reply yesterday. It should have been Charles and Fanny, not George.

Something I forgot to look at, was to see if there were any trees on Ancestry. There is one by a descendant of Clara Kate Cobb, which includes a photo of Clara with sister, Emma, and niece, Florence.

It also has pictures of husband, Harold Hounsham, and their children.

If you don't have a subscription, a lot of libraries and archives have free access.

The Cobb family line is traced back to 1605.

David

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 burial Look Up please if possible.
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Many thanks for your latest reply  ;D

I tend to carry out as much research as possible at home using LDS Family Search, FindMyPast, FreeBMD etc before popping to the local library to use their computers as they have subscription to FindMyPast. I try and back up my details with dedicated records.

I recall making a costly error early in my family tree research. I got very excited at copying someones tree off A******y, it was telling me I had a whole new branch of ancestors which I incorporated into my tree. Unfortunately this new branch, I later found out, was completely bogus. The time I spent "un-doing" everything nearly made me want to give up.

I have also visited various record offices over the years to glean information and verify dates/places/names. The trouble I found is that before 1840 the records are "sketchy" coupled with the fact, in my instance anyway, that fathers and sons have the same christian names. In addition relatives/relations with the same surname living in the same vicinity also have children with identical christian names too whilst also being born in similar years. In this respect I have only got back to 1815 so far.

I am quite envious of the person who has a family line dating back to 1605  ;)

Anyway, thanks very much again David, you`ve been a great help  ;D
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.