Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th February  (Read 2103 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th February
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Pinetree, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum.  It sounds like a consolation that she was at home surrounded by the love of her family when she passed.  Take care Pinetree, you are in our thoughts.

Yes, thankfully there was no shortage of fruit and veg in my local supermarket as well, LM.  Phew!  So hopefully no dig for victory on the horizon!
I hope you do get your planned trip to London LM.  Gosh, your husband eats a lot of fruit.  I have heard that there are some people who just eat fruit and are called fruitarians.
Yes, I know what you mean about if you volunteer at Church they have got you, LM. Over the many years I have been at this Church these are the jobs I have been roped in/volunteered for: washing up/cleaning/typing/cooking & baking/decorating/delivering leaflets/serving/working the projector to put lyrics onto the screen.  It might sound a lot but some of it was just little stints here and there and it is nice to feel useful, isn't it?  Unfortunately, I can't play any instrument as otherwise I am sure they would have had me in the band as well. ;)

PS Roobarb you make it sound so easy, if there is another dig for victory I nominate you as our replacement CH Middleton for salads and Caroline as CH Middleton for veg. ;)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Pinetree, so sorry about your sad news, just remember all the fond memories, no one can take them away from  you

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:43 GMT (UK) »
They would have  me in the choir if I just said I would join,  I took the place of one of the other choristers one Christmas when she went to Australua for 3 months, I 2as asked to stay, I declined,  whilst I enjoyed it it is a big commitment and being out in the winter in a  cold church to practice didn't appeal to me, I just sing up on a Sunday morning .

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes Pinetree, I join others in sending sincere sympathy to you and your
family .
No better way to say goodbye than at home with your family .
When you feel ready, tell us a little about your Mum, it is good to talk about loved ones.

Just watched “ The Piano”, unwitting people playing a piano in Leeds railway station ,with no idea that YlangYlang is listening unseen with another pianist.
A little girl ,totally blind and with some learning and sensory difficulties has just played so beautifully a Chopin Nocturn, the unseen experts were compleletely astounded as was I ,but I do not have their expertise .
Truly remarkable.

Hope all are well, and stay safe.
Goodnight and I hope all sleep well.
Viktoria.
P.S.The little girl has been chosen to play at The Royal Albert Hall. Wow!
V.
S.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:56 GMT (UK) »
That was kind of you to step in as a chorister for 3 months.  I hope we both don't put people put people off thinking about going to Church.  They might get the impression from our posts that they might get worked like galley slaves! ;D

That little blind girl does sound like she has a remarkable gift, Viktoria.  Goodnight to you and All.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear your sad news Pinetree.  RIP your mum.  RJ
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 23:52 GMT (UK) »
So very sorry Pinetree to hear about your Mum… they are very special people and I’m sure having all her family around her will have given her some peace..
as Viktoria says, when you’re feeling up to it, it would be lovely to hear about your mum… we are all thinking of you and your family..

Well RTL… it’s not me that’s the veg grower it’s my OH .. I just pick it, cook it and eat it 😂…. But if there’s a shortage of tomatoes the seeds he planted are now becoming triffids on the window sill and need potting on so we could supply quite a lot! Potatoes are chitting and onion sets ready to go in soon.. B-road beans planted in pots so our little market garden is beginning!

Roobarb.. I’m glad to see he’s on a diet as he was looking as if there was too much Christmas cake weighing him down 😂😂.

LM - not sure when you’re planning to go to London but not seen any snow forecast …. We’re going to our daughters on Friday to stay o/ night so hope there’s none!

I’m hoping our eldest grandson is wearing something different as he seems to live in his Liverpool football kit with thermal trs under his shorts! I swear he goes to bed in the blessed things …. He did actually sleep with his shin pads on when they were new as he didn’t want to take them off… few yrs ago now!

We met some friends today for lunch out in our usual spot half way.. not seen them for a while so lovely to catch up and chat..

It’s been two years since we held our last Christmas Fayre so decided we’ll do one this year… raising money for Northants Young carers as we did in 2019… first get together tomorrow to discuss plans… OH thinks I’m bonkers but as I’m standing down from out V. Hall committee after nearly 20 years need something to do!

Take care all

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 February 23 01:04 GMT (UK) »
I’m very sorry to hear about the loss your mum Pinetree. It would have been lovely for your mother to have all her family with her.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 23 February 23 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Adding my condolences too with the sad news of your bereavement, Pinetree ... virtual hugs.