Author Topic: Wheeler Staff Sergeant Henry Harper (died 30 May 1916) and father Thomas Harper  (Read 496 times)

Offline ewontner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wheeler Staff Sergeant Henry Harper (died 30 May 1916) and father Thomas Harper
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes - I've also traced Thomas Harper back - see: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/116702037/person/390174665042/facts. Its the jump from being a shoemaker to innkeeper that was bothering me.

Offline ewontner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wheeler Staff Sergeant Henry Harper (died 30 May 1916) and father Thomas Harper
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks @shaunj - that also confirms his mother was Fanny Siddons.
I was questioning whether I had the right family background because of the discrepancy in this father's occupation. So sad that his father was married and had 3 bereavements for each of his wives. Henry's younger brother John Edward Harper also was born and died in 1875 and at least 2 or 3 or of his step-siblings also died.

Thanks for everyone's help! Only another 100+ other Board of Trade names to research!

Offline Andy J2022

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Only another 100+ other Board of Trade names to research!
One question not yet answered is why Henry Harper is on the Board of Trade memorial.