Author Topic: Grave location of John Griffiths - Greenfield.  (Read 281 times)

Offline Kessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Grave location of John Griffiths - Greenfield.
« on: Tuesday 21 February 23 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Following on from the findings of the death of my gt gt grandfather, (Thank you Rootschat  :)) ) I am now trying to locate his final resting place.

His name was John Griffiths, married to Elizabeth nee Roberts
He lived in Victoria Cottages (newspaper reporting on death)/ 3 Victoria Place (1891 census) Greenfield, Hoywell.
He died on 1st July 1895 at the Bettisfield Colliery and was buried on the 4th July.
The burial record just shows Holywell in the county of Flint and the vicar was A Williams.

I have tried Find a Grave in the three cemeteries in that local area where I can only guess he would have been buried, but with no luck. I am feeling, as he died at 45 (burial record says age 47, this is incorrect) and had 9 children that there will be no headstone.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am visiting in July and would dearly like to visit his resting place.

Thank you
Griffiths and Mercer from Prescot, Lancashire. Maple from Wiston, West Sussex and Keeley from London.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grave location of John Griffiths - Greenfield.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 19:55 GMT (UK) »
He will have been buried at either Holywell  or Bagillt Churches.If it's  possible a visit to Flintshire Records Office at Hawarden will very much help you.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I have sent them a message and will follow it up from there. Thank you for the helpful pointer  :)
Griffiths and Mercer from Prescot, Lancashire. Maple from Wiston, West Sussex and Keeley from London.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Burial Date:   4 Jul 1895
Burial Place:   Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales
this is in down on a sheet for burial 
Provided in association with Archifau Cymru: Archives Wales

do you have info on how he died in pit accident as there is a bit about that
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 February 23 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the information, so I guess this is Bagilt cemetery then is it do you think? (sorry to sound simple!) You wrote: this is in down on a sheet for burial. The record I have just shows Holywell, if the record you saw shows Bagilt cemetery could you please just confirm that for me. Thank you so much

Thank you also, I do have the details of the accident, I have an inquest report from the Miners newspaper. If you have anything other than that, then yes I would love to see it.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 February 23 22:37 GMT (UK) »
this was on Ancestry 
Flintshire, Wales, Anglican Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1994
now the image attached does just say Burials in the parish of Holywell but the Record does say Burial iPlace Bagillt.

the accident pieces I have are from Flintshire Observer 2 sheets Oe original inquest then the adjorned one  pm me if you want copies of anything
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk