Author Topic: Hopeman 1921 census  (Read 197 times)

Offline curiousgeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hopeman 1921 census
« on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:53 GMT (UK) »
131/2 1/7 Does anyone know the street name associated with this reference. I believe it is in Hopeman.

I am following up a lead for a McPherson family in Hopeman: William McPherson 42, Mary McPherson nee Main 37 and William McPherson 1.

The reference is 131/2 1/7.

Before I go spending precious credits on a tentative link i wonder if anyone knows the street name for this reference. That would give me more confidence.

Offline curiousgeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hopeman 1921 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Have found the same head of family in the valuation rolls for 1920 so i am reasonably confident that it is Dunbar Street Hopeman.

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hopeman 1921 census
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 23 10:27 GMT (UK) »
A Robert Findlay McPherson from Hopeman was married in 1942 to an Alice Pratt Muir from my home village of Cellardyke (Anstruther) in Fife. He was a fisherman but then serving as a petty officer in the navy and he gave his home address as 14 Hutcheon Street, Hopeman.
When his father-in-law Robert Muir died in Cellardyke in 1961, his son-in-law Robert McPherson registered the death and gave his then address as "Kilrenny", Forsyth Street, Hopeman. Cellardyke is in the parish of Kilrenny.

Harry