Author Topic: Cecily Joan Crombe / Crombie  (Read 607 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cecily Joan Crombe / Crombie
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 February 23 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Just looking at the funeral notice for the brother Maxwell Russell CROMBIE.
Interesting to note some of  the CROMBIE's and the SAVIGE's both belonged to the same religious community.

I don't know why there was an inquest.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Koori49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 June 23 07:12 BST (UK) »
To Lynda Rourke Scott
Hi
My name is Darryl Crombie-Stewart and I have some information for you regarding Cecilia Joan Crombie. Cecilia is my mothers younger sister. My mothers name is Wanda Merle Crombie and unfortunely, she passed away in 1988 in Victoria. There was also a brother called Maxwell, but he died, I believe in a car accident near Barham in 1962. Their parents name were Andrew Crombie and Isbella Crombie (nee Russell). Andrew died in 1960 and is buried in the Koondrook cemetery. I attended the funeral with my mother and siblings. Isbella passed not long after Andrew and is also buried in Koondrook cemetery. We stayed with Aunty Joan and Uncle Ray Savage for awhile after the funeral. Ray back then, had a ford customline sedan. Hope this helps and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Offline Koori49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 June 23 04:46 BST (UK) »
To lynda Rourke Scott
Hi
my name is Darryl Crombie-Stewart. Cecilia Joan Crombie is my Aunty and my mothers youngest sister. Contact through RootsChat.com or on Facebook. I would like to send a photo of Aunty Joan taken in her late teens. I give more information on when the family lived Barham. Look forward to hearing from you soon.