Author Topic: St Peters Dalbeth Cemetery Lair Book Scotland's People Record's.  (Read 410 times)

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
St Peters Dalbeth Cemetery Lair Book Scotland's People Record's.
« on: Friday 24 February 23 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Could someone explain how to examine the full Lair record's I seem to have in the past obtained firstly the interment/burial record then on 3 occasions the next page with the complete record of the burial plot but I cant remember how this was gained is this feature still available to access if so maybe I could be shown how too as I cant seem to obtain it no longer. I am trying to find out on my other burials in the graveyard who exactly is in the graves and if they are full or not I have attached a previous example of what Im looking for many thanks.

Henderson
Crawford

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: St Peters Dalbeth Cemetery Lair Book Scotland's People Record's.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 23 16:31 GMT (UK) »
The cemetery is still operated by the Catholic Church at Clyde Street in Glasgow. Although I'm not sure if they will keep a lair plan there, I would imagine they could give you the contact number for the Cemetery's head groundsman.

Archdiocese of Glasgow
196 Clyde Street,
Glasgow,
G1 4JY

mailto:info@rcag.org.uk

Trying to remember/find the name of the lady who dealt with queries on the Cemetery (lots of positive feedback on her being really helpful with queries). You might want to consider contact to establish the full details on the lair you are looking.

Monica

Added: That is peculiar  ;D Someone has just posted her email on a thread. See last post here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=536798.27;topicseen
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 23 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica the lady's name is Sharon Scullion cant remember her last name correctly at the min but that is not what I was asking sorry to say it was that i downloaded records last year and i think after confirming it was the correct record it mentioned a second record to view (at the same cost/credits) which then gave me the full lair and now when i have went for recent finds in Dalbeth I dont seem to be getting that feature so was wondering if others have had this and if it is a separate request Sharon was/is very helpful but sometimes you need to study the record to identify others that are there for instance the record i posted led to a baby who died at 4 weeks but was illegitimate and not named in the lair book but through the date interred was able to find her birth and death certificates.PS seen that other post from Anthony with Sharon's Email again thanks was hoping it was online to browse peruse at leisure through Scotland's People website though.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 February 23 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Fingers crossed Sharon is able to add some details to help you further  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 May 23 08:50 BST (UK) »
Wee update I have sorted my self out there is two section's/records on SP one is dated in the column and one is not so search was just bringing one up until I realised to read the instructions correctly at the top of the page duh! (why I never did better at school god only knows) anyway one is the Register of Lair Book and other the Register of Death and Burial if it helps anyone.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 May 23 08:58 BST (UK) »
P.s should have added this.......
Henderson
Crawford

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 May 23 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks garngad that’s really helpful.
I hadn’t realised that was an option.
I’d previously contacted the council and had to pay for a search.