Author Topic: trying to find who is in my pictures  (Read 630 times)

Offline patchworkz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
trying to find who is in my pictures
« on: Friday 24 February 23 08:39 GMT (UK) »
hi. I haven't been on roots chat for a few years. Today i was lucky enough to receive a number of old photos from Stuart Brothers and W.&J. Stuart from a family member. these are all numbered on the back. Is there any way to find out who the people in the photos are. I believe they are pre 1891.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards Jody

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: trying to find who is in my pictures
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 23 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jody and welcome to the board, I wish it was that easy. The only way of finding out, is if you can compare any photos that you have to those in the photos. If there is a photographer's name and address on them, you could post some on here for likeness and dating.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 23 15:08 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Carol. If you put some up, we might be able to give you some idea of dates that might help narrow down the possibles.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline patchworkz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 March 23 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I am not good with a computer. I forgot my manners. Thankyou for your previous replies and for any future help.
regards Jody

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 March 23 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Jody, If you want to post any photos, they need to be scanned at 300dpi (dots per inch) and up to 500 kbs.
When you reply, you will find at the bottom Attachments, click on it and it will ask you to add a file from your computer. If you need any help, just ask.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline patchworkz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 March 23 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol I have uploaded a couple of photographs' but not sure where they have gone. I think it said waiting for approval
Regards Jody

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 March 23 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jody, that's OK, they will appear soon after they have been approved. They do take a little longer to appear at the weekend.
Carol